Sunday, December 16, 2007

Over a week, I know...

I haven't posted in a little while... I hope you all forgive me. It's been kind of crazy around here! On tuesday we had the packers - err, ONE packer - show up. Thankfully, he's been doing this for 12 years so he was very good at packing. On wednesday our lone packer and one other employee showed up. I was doubtful that they could finish packing AND get all of our stuff moved out, but they did it! Anyway, now all I'm left with is a suitcase, 3 dogs, an air mattress, my laptop and a few books. Oh, and I bought a lawn chair at Target so that if I want to sit upright, I can. I know, I sound pathetic.

As most of you know, Benjamin is off in SERE for the second time! I feel awful for him because the temperature at night has been hitting the mid 20's and it's not like he has a sleeping bag or tent or anything. :( And I miss him so much! I hope that things will be easier when he's deployed. At least then we should be able to keep in contact!

I discovered last night what's worse than watching a movie like "My Life" with one cancer patient dying. It's a movie called "Griffin & Phoenix" about two people who fall in love and both happen to be dying of cancer. Don't get me wrong, the movie truly was excellent, but why do I always end up with the SADDEST movies when Benjamin is gone? I went to Blockbuster tonight and almost accidentally rented A Mighty Heart. Thank goodness I realized what a bad idea that one was before I was home watching it, sobbing, driving to Warner Springs to trek through the wilderness and find Benjamin. I ended up renting COMEDIES. Can't go wrong with those, right? Let's hope!

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. I'm *hoping* to get an ultrasound, but I don't know if that will happen. What I do know for sure is that they'll be doing my quad-screen. The quad screens for things like Spina bifida, Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 18 (Edward's Syndrome) and neural tube defects. Odds are pretty good that these things won't be an issue, but there are no guarantees, so please keep your fingers crossed that Baby Geib is 100% healthy.

If I don't get an ultrasound or if they can't tell the sex of the baby on the ultrasound, I have a backup plan! I have an appointment at a local 4D ultrasound clinic for friday. Odds are they'll be able to tell me whether we're having a baby boy or a baby girl! SO... I'd say there's a 90% chance that we'll be finding out what we're having this week, which is very exciting! I have been stashing money aside so that once I find out, I can do a little clothes shopping for the baby. :) I've promised Benjamin that I won't do ALL of the shopping because he actually wants to help. (That's the first time in our marriage that he's actually wanted to go shopping with me, so it's a pretty big deal.)

I'll update tomorrow and let you all know how my appointment went! :)

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I am so excited for you!