Thursday, September 30, 2010

25+ Weeks now!

I had a check up with my doctor this week and things are going very well. In great news, they finally found my lost quad screen results from 9 weeks ago and everything appears to be normal with Baby Boy Geib! He is measuring a bit ahead (26.5 weeks!) but we're not going to worry about changing my due date or anything. Looks like we might just have a big boy on our hands. His heartbeat is great and he's been kicking and hiccuping up a storm lately. I can't believe the third trimester is just around the corner now. This pregnancy seems to be moving a lot faster than my first one! Perhaps it's because this time around, I'm busy with our little princess?

Caroline is starting to warm up to the idea of a brother. She at least doesn't say "No, I don't want!" when we tell her she's going to have a little brother. We consider that a small victory. Another small victory is that she's rocking her swim classes now! She hasn't gone underwater yet, but she furiously kicks her little legs and paddles her arms, so she quasi-swims!

Here are some more pictures:

For the record, this was right after a huge dinner. And a huge lunch. Hey, I can't help it, I'm really, really hungry!

The profile is kind of shocking, right? Baby Boy Geib looks to be sitting up higher than Caroline did. He's high and pointy! And I am a blimp. But I know that it's not forever! And it's all worth it, blah blah blah. :) But seriously, he's like hanging out right under my boobs. I should stop complaining though since him being higher up means my bladder doesn't hate me yet.

That's about it from the Geib household! We've been actively house-hunting (online) in San Diego and are hoping to find a great place to move soon. Hopefully we'll be able to update ya'll on that soon! This pregnant gal will be quite relieved to have this part of the journey over and not be homeless...

1 comment:

grandpa said...

You look very happy, cute, and you are glowing. A beautiful pregnant young lady. It looks like that little cutie next to you got a hair cut.