Harrison has never had a shortage of hair. In fact, his name has always been quite befitting of him. When he was first born, besides the mop of hair on his head, he had a hairy back, hairy shoulders, hairy arms and legs and a hairy butt. Sorry for disclosing all of that to the blog Harrison, but son, it's true. He was the hairiest baby I had ever seen. He looked like a little man since birth!
After lots of gentle prompting from Benjamin, I finally agreed that maybe a haircut would be a good idea. Sigh. The point that Benjamin made that I felt was the most valid (since most of his argument was that Harrison looked like a girl) was that Harrison's head was almost always hot and sweaty because of all of his hair. It's true. And since winter isn't here quite yet, which pretty much was the flaw in my rebuttal, I agreed that maybe it was time to consider a cut.
 |
| This is what his hair looks like when the curls have been sweat out. |
 |
| Okay, yeah, it was a little moppy but SO cute! |
One day and one broken heart later, I reluctantly trailed along to the children's hair salon. Harrison couldn't have been happier and more compliant, which I think Benjamin took as confirmation that Harrison was sick of his hair.
 |
| Getting the first curl cut off! |
 |
| Does he not look like a pro at this?! |
 |
| Looking in the mirror at himself. |
 |
| Deciding he thinks he looks superbly handsome! |
 |
| Post haircut kiss from dad! |
 |
| The above two pictures were taken by the staff at the hair salon. The second picture was our favorite but they couldn't get the printer to stop incorrectly cropping the top of his head out of the photo. Bummer! Oh and the hair in the ziplock was a tiny fraction of what was cut! |
 |
| He feels like a total stud now. |
 |
| His hair still has a lot of body to it but doesn't get in his face all the time now, so he seems happy. |
I must admit, I really do miss his curls but he seems much more comfortable now. The funniest part of this story is that Benjamin couldn't believe how much they charged for Harrison's hair cut -- $23.95. Ok so that's a little steep, I admit it. But Benjamin said "MY haircuts only cost $8!" while rocking the most (self-admitted) terrible haircut that he's since had them try to repair.
Anyway, Caroline also got her hair cut, but just the bangs. She's an old pro at this!
 |
| She was a little apprehensive. She didn't think her bangs were straight. |
 |
| Fixed! |
 |
| And happy! |
3 comments:
Harrison looks even more adorable with his new haircut. And I totally understand Caroline's concern, I had a similar issue last week during a bang trim.
Miss those sweeties!
<3 M
Gosh those kids are cute!!!!
He's adorable! Love the haircut!
Post a Comment