Caroline and I got brave and made the big trip back to the States! One minute we were sitting at home in our pajamas thinking we had the whole day ahead of us to be lazy and the next minutes we were getting a phonecall from Kristina (who we had been planning on traveling with). Kristina told me that a flight was available if we could get there within 40 minutes!!! I went into panic mode and madly got Caroline and I ready. I finished packing my toiletries and snacks for the flight, dropped Bentley off to a friend since I couldn't get a hold of the family who had planned on petsitting him and headed to the airport. Caroline and I got there 25 minutes after I got the call. If that's not record time, I don't know what is.
We rode on an awesome chartered jet and paid a grand total of $54 to do so. It's the best $54 I've spent in a long time considering I'll get to visit with my family, Benjamin's family and all of our friends. I miss everyone like crazy and I'm just dying to see my little sister.
Caroline was absolutely awesome on the flight. She didn't cry at all. I had so many people compliment her and one guy even complimenting my mothering skills. I was so proud of Caroline. She is such a great little traveler! (Now if only she'd get used to the timezone... I'm exhausted and would LOVE for her to take a long nap with me.) I am so grateful to have had such peaceful travels and having Matt and Kristina on the flight with us was absolutely awesome. They're two of my favorite people and I'm going to miss them while we're gone. How are we ever going to move on to different duty stations?!
I hope everyone is well and we'll hopefully be visiting with you all soon!!!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Enjoy your trip home!!!
Have fun! How long do you get to stay?
Awesome! I was wondering if you'd made the flight or not. Eat some yummy food and go to Target for me. :)
Enjoy your trip!! I am soo excited you got to make the trip back to the states, wishing I was back in Texas and we could see each other and our babies to meet! Can't wait to see the pictures of your trip. HAVE FUN!!!
Hello! This is smart-blonde from LJ. I am now "following" your blogger!
Post a Comment