This deployment is really winding down now. Nothing about Benjamin's return is set in stone and I realize that it could change ten times within the next minute. But he's actually supposed to be home soon! For the record, and out of respect for OPSEC, the estimated amount of days is more than I can count on two hands but less than four hands worth. ;)
I cannot wait for Benjamin to be home! I'm so excited to have my best friend back and to see him with Caroline. I know he's missed us dearly, but at least he gets to email and talk to me, you know? He hasn't been able to do that with Caroline and the one time we've skyped since he's been deployed, she was asleep. He's missed out on so much with her, but I know those two are going to pick up right where they left off. So yes, I am incredibly excited.
Caroline's outfit for Benjamin's homecoming is picked out and while I don't want to ruin the surprise for him, she's going to look adorable. As for my outfit, it's a bit harder. The flights from that part of the world usually arrive at some ridiculous hour of the night, like 4am. So while it may seem strange to be dressed and coiffed to the 9's at that hour, at a tiny airport on a tiny island in the Pacific, I don't really care, I think I'm going to be! Pajamas be damned. I'm sure I'll change my mind several times over the next couple of weeks and hey -- I'm sure he probably won't even notice what I'm wearing in all of the excitement. But it's something to focus on while I'm waiting.
The excitement of Benjamin coming home is palpable and while I know time will inevitably seem to slow down as each day until the homecoming arrives, at least Caroline and I are enjoying ourselves. Be it picking out outfits or kicking this nasty bug we have together... we're having fun. :)
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment