Caroline and I have added a new little daily adventure -- walking to the playground and playing silly. Playing until we are exhausted! Luckily we have a playground literally around the corner from us. This is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it's a short walk, but a curse because Caroline can spot it from our yard on Bentley's potty breaks. :)
I have taken Caroline to the playground quite a few times over her lifetime. In the past, she just didn't have any real interest. She'd explore a little bit, but she looked like she really didn't get what was going on. (Much like me in the gym.) Anyhow, on our Australian vacation, we discovered that Caroline had figured out the playground and was in love. (Unlike me in the gym.) And so a new once a day or once every other day habit has begun -- going to the playground! Caroline just loves it there. And while I love that she loves it, it makes me feel like she is really growing up. She's transitioning from a toddler to an itty bitty kid before my eyes. It's a little hard on my heart, but seeing the joy in her face alleviates it.
I can't help but think that these are the best days of my life. No. These are just the beginning of the best days of my life.







1 comment:
I love this post! Caroline looks soo happy. I especially love the comment about the gym. hahaha :)
Post a Comment