Here's Caroline picking flowers. Benjamin took this picture while I was on the other side of the house hiding eggs. And by hiding, I mean putting them in plain view. Benjamin later said he was glad I "hid" the eggs because he didn't realize we needed to make it that simple. If he had done it, he would have actually hidden them and we would have ended up with a very confused baby. Or eggs carted off by tree snakes, shrews and coconut crabs. (Yes, I found a coconut crab in our yard this past week. Google those suckers... they are like dinosaur crabs, just fyi.)
Caroline got the hang of things right away! Apparently hunting Easter eggs is a natural instinct for toddlers, whereas knowing better than to wear striped undies under your dress isn't once you reach adulthood. I don't know what I was thinking, folks. I think where I went wrong was by having my husband take the pictures!Here's a video of our little hunter: (If you want a chuckle, listen to Benjamin's justification for why it's okay to eat jelly beans off of the ground.)
We used a bag instead of a basket because the basket was too tall for Caroline. But I ended up being the official egg holder anyway, so we really could have used it. Lesson learned!
You're either looking at this and thinking "Wow, Caroline is adorable" or you're thinking "Wow, Crystal and Benjamin really need to wash their house." If you're me, you're thinking both. We are on a 3 month long wait list to borrow the base powerwasher. I'm not kidding. I wish I was. In the meantime, yes, that is our house under all of that Guam.
Here's Caroline finding her Easter basket at the end of the hunt. It had all sorts of entertaining things, like the necklace and bracelet she immediately put on, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and "yipstick."
We tried to get her to look up and smile, but she was way too excited about all of her new goodies to divert her attention.

Here's Caroline playing with her sidewalk chalk:
Benjamin snapped this shot of us. Wow, it looks like I have a bulldozer in my hair! I don't, by the way. It's tearing down a house across the courtyard from us. I don't know why though and it's probably better that way!
Once we were done with the hunt, Caroline opened a present from her Great-Grandparents. She was so excited!
Benjamin snapped this shot of us. Wow, it looks like I have a bulldozer in my hair! I don't, by the way. It's tearing down a house across the courtyard from us. I don't know why though and it's probably better that way!
Once we were done with the hunt, Caroline opened a present from her Great-Grandparents. She was so excited!









No comments:
Post a Comment