I have a feeling that we're going to have to totally make Caroline re-enact this picture when she turns 16. I'm thinking side-by-side pictures, matted and framed. I know that's 14 years away, but with as quickly as the first two years have passed, that will surely be in the blink of the eye! The car she's modeling in was her birthday grand finale gift and the girl LOVES it! L-O-V-E-S it!Let's go back in time a little though, shall we?
Just two short years ago, our baby burrito arrived. All 8lbs, 7 oz of her! We had no idea what we were in for... the sleepless nights, the nursing woes, etc. And I guess by we I mean me since Benjamin returned to his deployment right away. Back to the point... we had no idea what we were in for, but not just with the hard parts. Oh the sweetness... the joy... the love that a little one brings. We never knew how much we could love her and how much she could love us back. She's incredible. Being a parent is incredible. Loving like this is incredible. Every day we feel lucky that she is ours. And I can say, without the slightest bit of doubt or hesitation, that every day I spend with her is the best day of my life. So while these two years have flown by, I've appreciated and loved every single day with her and I can't wait for every single day the future brings.*Sigh.* I just love being her mama!
Let's fast forward two years though to her birthday celebration! (The last one that she'll spend in Guam! Yay!) Benjamin had to work late, so Caroline, Judy, Anna Beth and I waited patiently. He didn't make it home until close to 11pm, but better late than never, right? Anyway, here was her birthday cake:
Cute and Guam-ish, right? That's the look I was aiming for.
Here's Caroline in her birthday dress and hat.
The hat kept falling off, so we proceeded without it. Caroline's presents encompassed the entire table. I wish I had thought to get a full picture with all of them. Anyway, this lady was surrounded by gifts and one happy little camper!
One gift included lip gloss so of course we couldn't proceed with the next gift until a full coat was put on her little smacker.
I don't think she expected to get a camera of her own! She had a shocked look on her face but totally knew what it was. She couldn't wait for us to open it for her!
See? She was so happy and excited!
She practiced taking pictures right away!
Once we managed to wrangle away the new camera, we put the hat back on for a quick picture. But she busy watching where we were putting her new treasure...
Every time she opened jewelry or hair things or other accessories, she had to model them right away and turn around and check herself out in the mirror. It was hilarious!
We had a blast and little Miss Caroline thanks all of you for the wonderful gifts you sent. She had a lovely birthday and while the gifts were awesome, the true gift is the people behind the gifts. You know who you are! You all mean so much to us and to her.Happy Birthday, Caroline!
1 comment:
Did you decorate that cake yourself? It is so cute!
And Caroline is so, so, SO beautiful!
Post a Comment