Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two posts in two weeks for my two remaining readers...

So it turns out that neglecting your blog is pretty bad for readership. I'm pretty sure that at this point, I only have about two readers left... and that would you, Caitlyn, and you, Katy. Thank you for being so devoted. :) Caitlyn, post pictures of your house on your blog, please. Katy, call me sometime. Your big sister misses you!

On the off chance that I have more than two readers, thank you for whoever else has stuck around. It means a lot!

Caroline insisted on taking this picture as a thank you. And she insisted on making a mess in the living room as well. Haha, past tense on "insisted"... as if! Should change that to "insists" and add "constantly."



When Caroline has left us a bit of floorspace, Harrison enjoys stretching out on his back. He is not a fan of tummy time though. Probably because he's a total chunk! We're working on the tummy time thing anyway. He has his 4 month check up on Monday and I promised the pediatrician that we'd work on it.

Benjamin and Harrison on the couch. Would you believe that Harrison was cheering for the Longhorns? No? Ok, well that's fair since I'm lying. But he will be a fan soon, believe you me.

When he gets hot (which always happens when laying on his dad) his hair gets really curly!

Like, afro curly...

We think it's really funny!

He has a full, thick head of hair but it's the longest around his ears. It's so long that sometimes it gets in his eyes. I tuck it behind his ears and that helps most of the time. I just can't bear to cut it yet! But today I got told that I had the most beautiful little baby girl... despite the blatantly boy outfit. The woman added "If I had a baby girl with hair like that, I'd make her wear bows EVERY DAY!" Me too, honey. If I had a baby girl with hair like that, I'd make her wear bows every day too. Trust me.

It's possible that our not-quite-4-month-old baby is wearing size 9-12 months. Ok fine, probable. He is a CHUNK! His nickname evolved from "Chunkamonk" to "chunk" to present day's "tank."




We have so much coming up on the horizon. Benjamin will start his next phase of training which will last the entire summer. Caroline is turning THREE! (I can't believe that... it's ridiculous how quickly she's growing up! When she turned two, she was still a baby, but I could see the start of a little emerging. Now she's a little girl with no trace of baby left. It's bittersweet for me, but oh, so, so, so magical.) Judy and Anna Beth will be visiting us soon! And Harrison, Caroline and I are thinking about taking a trip home this summer to see everyone and hopefully catch up with some fantastic friends. With all of those exciting things, I'm sure I'll have lots to blog about! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have three readers- I check for updates faithfully. :) My girlfriend calls her chunky baby boy the tank, too. Love it. Happy to hear things are going well!!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm excuse me but I believe I should count as a blog fan!
GMF

katy bug said...

a trip back home this summer?!!?! awesome! i'll call you very soon sis! and yea i always check your blog its a habit :) i love harrisons moose outfit!

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading and loving every word and pic! :)

Harrison has the chunk like Addy had back in the day. She also shot through those baby size clothes like crazy trying to keep up with her ever expanding fat rolls.

Love ya
Kirsty

redheadchick said...

Well I'm glad I was finally able to log into Blogger or you'd be down to one reader! Those kids are so cute and I think you need to hold onto that "cheering" picture in the event Harrison ends up at UT one day. Or if Ben convinces him to go to A&M you can use it as blackmail. :) Love these kids!

Maddie Mae said...

Hey now! Make that THREE!!!

Christine said...

Omg mondo milk baby! He is so big! I love it. Baby chub is the best! Also, he has great hair.

Caroline is so beautiful. I know she's turning from a baby to a kid and that is hard! I still look at J and think, "Really? You used to be so small." But on the flip side, there are some really fun kid things that start cropping up. I keep thinking, "No, THIS is the best age ever."