Thursday, May 19, 2011

A blooming avid reader!

My favorite hobby in the world is reading. My idea of a great time is curling up on the couch with my husband and a good book. And my kids of course... But then that means that I'm probably not getting to read because my husband is putting on the football game, Caroline is jumping on me and let's be honest here, Harrison is nursing. So the book is really just for decoration I suppose. I can look at it and remember what my hobby was before my two beautiful children. And what will eventually become my favorite hobby again!

Naturally, I wanted to pass along my favorite hobby to my children and I read to Caroline all of the time. Recently she's started 'reading' her books on her own. She's memorized her favorites, and page by page can 'read' exactly what the page says. It's pretty darn cute! Check her out:


Here she is reading what she thinks is the funniest book ever. We read it in an effort to get her more comfortable with going #2 in the potty. Sadly, she's not the only who has it memorized. Benjamin and I could recite it backwards in our sleep!


Peep! "It's a big world out there!" just sounds so cute coming from a two year old!


Reading A Tale of Two Cities! (ONLY KIDDING!)

Today as I was in the kitchen, Caroline yelled "Mooooooooooooooooom, Harrison just GRABBED me!" It was very dramatic of course, in a way that only a two year old can make it. I had to smile but couldn't help but think that I will be hearing that same exact complaint for probably the next 18 years. I have a feeling it's going to lose it's charm!

4 comments:

katy bug said...

haha i love it when she accidently shuts the book on harrisons hand and she says oops right before the video cuts off :)

redheadchick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
redheadchick said...

"Everyone Poops"....a classic!!

Gampa said...

From your MOST avid reader. I read your post every day. I have read this last posts so many times now. Im like Caroline I can recite them by heart. We need new literature and most important, pictures, and videos. You have more fans then you think. We need more. :)