Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A plea and an update!

Well hello there, my faithful blog readers! Long time, no post... again. Such is life raising two little ones on my own. But I think about y'all often.

Let me be totally tacky and start this post by asking for a big favor. One of my favorite photographers, Katie Bower, is doing a free military family photo session for one lucky winner of her blog contest. Having photos done by her would be so much fun! We (and by we I mean just me, Ben is blissfully unaware) went ahead and entered and the competition is pretty stiff -- we could really use your votes! You're allowed to vote for us more than once, but only one vote per email address. Here's a link to her blog where you can vote: Katie Bower's 2011 Military Family Photo Contest Oh and just so you know, you don't have to do anything weird to vote like register... just comment! We're family #7 of course. And you can vote up until July 17th. A winner will be randomly drawn from the top 3 vote getters. Katie is brilliant and although she doesn't know it, I think we should be BFF's. No, if I win this photoshoot with my family, I am not going to view it as a BFF tryout. Or maybe I am. Ok no, that would be weird. I just want some great family photos. And if a new BFF comes with that, then so be it.

Harrison is 5.5 months old and so much fun! He's full of smiles, has a head full of curly hair and the prettiest gray-green eyes you've ever seen. He has fully mastered the art of the body roll (like literally, not the dance move... although that would be entertaining!) and likes to view the world from his belly. Unfortunately, that means that mommy cleans up a LOT of spit up.

Caroline is 3 and SO SMART! I'd say she continually surprises me with how smart she is, but that's not true anymore. I'm not surprised, just entertained. While I was bathing her brother tonight, she informed me that she needs to go to the doctor to get the baby out of her belly. She says she's going to have a little baby to take care of. I asked her if she thought she was too young to have a baby. She put her hands on her hips, frowned and said "I am NOT too YITTLE to have a baby!" This conversation was super cute and hilarious at this age, but if we have a repeat of this conversation at 16, it will not be so cute or hilarious. But Sweet Caroline spent the evening telling me about her baby and how much she is going to love it and just how she is going to take care of it. She keeps me so entertained!

I plan on posting some pictures from our recent awesome visit with Judy and Anna Beth, but in the meantime, here are some pictures from this past weekend:

Dad and Harrison played in the sprinkler. Both of them are incredibly pasty white. Oh and there's our neglected dog in the background.
Here's Caroline being 3 and posing in her toy boat.
I finally got brave enough to get sassy bangs... and I LOVE THEM! I should have done this forever ago! I love them so much that I don't even care that I have the same hairdo as my toddler. I think it makes me love the hairdo even more!
Talk about a fresh picture... this is from tonight! I don't know how he got those scratches... they mysteriously appeared, which probably means it's time for him to get a manicure.
Here's our favorite little fruitoholic!
Fruitoholic making funny faces!
Even she laughs at herself. She's great! :)

Hope everyone reading this is well and please remember to vote for us!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Your little ones are not so little anymore! Love the America's Sweetheart shirt - gave it to my niece on her birthday :)