Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Scary Post!

So what have us Geibs been up to lately?  Oh, nothing much, just WINNING THE SQUADRON'S HALLOWEEN CONTEST!  It's obviously a great honor and privilege.  We have brought glory (or shame, depending on who you ask) to our family name.  Consider that one thing crossed off the bucket list!  Without further adieu, here we are in all of our delicious glory:


Milk and Cookies, people.  Homemade milk and cookies.  Like, literally, homemade.  Stayed up all night the night before making the costumes.  Harrison, had a shirt on, I promise.  But he also has a lot of milk in his belly, so he's in costume even without the shirt.

See?

Ben's backside.  The "Missing" person was the commanding officer who left our squadron earlier this year.  Great guy... hopefully they "find" him some day.  ;)

One cute little cookie!  Let me point out that her costume included little cookie hair barrets!  My sewing skills are very rudimentary (read:  a monkey could out-do me) nonetheless, we had winning costumes.  Woot!

After the squadron Halloween party came the real deal... trick or treating!  This was very, very exciting for Caroline this year.  She has been planning her costume for months now... literally!  When we went to Disneyland a couple of months ago, Caroline told Cinderella all about how she was going to be her for Halloween.  I thought that maybe she'd change her mind a million times over before Halloween, but no.  She held fast to her desire to be Cinderella!

When it was time to get ready, we had a ball.  She let me go crazy with her hair!  And by crazy, I mean she let me put in a bumpit, bobby pins and glitter.  That takes dedication for a three year old.  Okay, maybe not with the glitter, but with the bumpit and bobby pins for sure.  Dad, are you wondering what a bumpit is?  It's this rainbow shaped contraption you wear like a headband while pinning your hair over it to give the illusion of a small beehive.  It's glorious and it helps us Navy wives channel our inner 1950's charm.  Anyway, here's Princess Caroline as Cinderella:


And here is Cinderella's little brother:


He was QUITE the little trooper!  And he proved to be a very useful companion for Caroline because most people gave Caroline double the candy so that her little brother could have some.  Harrison, however, does not eat candy.  But Mommy and Daddy do and we made sure to eat his portion and then some.

Speaking of Harrison, check out how handsome he is:


And he now has 4 teeth!  They kind of came out of nowhere.  I'll post a picture soon.  It's amazing how much teeth can change a little smile.  With the appearance of the teeth comes a newfound interest in baby food!  Woo hoo!  I need to post the video we took of Harrison first trying baby food out months ago.  It's hilarious!  Thank goodness he's decided he's ready for solids! 

Recovering from Halloween, Caroline and I had a little too much fun with my iphone while the boys were napping.





We're silly.

Last, but not least, we added a new member to our family!  Meet Boone:


Boone is a boxer puppy who has kept us on our toes (and off the blog) for the past month.  He's a fantastic addition and we're having a lot of fun with him.  I can't believe how much he's grown and changed in just the past month alone!  We look forward to many years of happiness and adventures with this little guy!

1 comment:

redheadchick said...

I love the milk and cookies idea! I love that the bumpit came out of the drawer for the occasion. I think I still have mine...somewhere. :)