Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh my gosh... the ticker is at 27 days. Yikes! That's scary! Well, for me at least. For you that's probably exciting.

Caroline and I made the not-so-long journey back from Texas to California yesterday. We had some truly wonderful people (our command sponsors) meet us at the airport and help us get settled. We're really enjoying being back but miss our families dearly! We had a great time visiting everyone in Texas and you all are very missed. We look forward to having you all come visit!

I had my 36 week check up today and it went very well! Baby Boy Geib is doing great! He's measuring right on track, he's moved into the proper head-down position, his heartbeat is perfect and he's still a boy! Yes, they did an ultrasound just to check on his position and amniotic fluid levels and after initially being surprised by how high up in my ribs he is, they found some very prominent boy parts. (By the way, I could have told you he was way up in my ribs due to the awful pain it's been causing me. This little guys needs to go ahead and drop already.) All in all, a great appointment all around and I'll be going back in two weeks for another check up.

I saw the house for the first time today since it's been painted and from what I could see, it looks wonderful! I say from what I could see because I didn't get to see it until night time and you know how paint can look completely different from day to night. Plus the only bedroom that has an actual light fixture (albeit an ugly one that will be replaced soon) is the master. The other 4 bedrooms all have electrical outlets that control a lamp in the room but since we have no furniture, we don't have lamps... so I couldn't see those rooms colors at all! Here's hoping things look great when I go back tomorrow during daylight.

The carpet is scheduled to be installed next week and I think that will make the house really feel like home. It's the house's missing element if you ask me. Well, besides the furniture that hasn't made it yet. Or the dog. Or the husband. But soon the house will have ALL of those things, plus travertine, so I can't complain! :)

No comments: