Tomorrow will be a glorious day... we will get internet! We will be connected to the world again on a regular basis! Woo-hoo! Right now, we're in our borrowed jeep in the base's Burger King parking lot using their free Wifi. And Ben's fallen asleep in the driver's seat.
We explored the island today which was a ton of fun. I took some great pictures which I'll hopefully be posting tomorrow.
In exciting news, I bought my first maternity bathing suit and it's very cute! To give a little backstory... I swore I wouldn't buy a maternity suit. I just thought I'd be fine flaunting my prego belly in my old bikinis. Then reality laid a big slap on my face as I realized that I'd feel like a hideous cow in my bikinis and that while "pregnancy is beautiful," pregnancy in a stretched-out bikini isn't. SO. I bought a maternity bathing suit today and I must say that it's rather adorable. It's red and rouched on the sides so that it shows off my figure without showing it. It's really the holy grail of maternity bathing suits I think. Well I say that now, but I should really hold my tongue until I see a picture of myself in it. I may be back to square one after that....
In not exciting news, I got my first taste of contractions the other night. I woke up at 5:30 am with radiating pain in my abdomen. At first I thought it must just be good ole pregnancy gas, but no. Then I thought maybe some private bathroom time would help. Nope, nothing. So then I went out to our couch (more on this couch later) and tried to suffer through these pains. They'd start mild and then radiate to where I was practically holding my breath, the pain was so intense. They didn't last long... maybe 30-45 seconds from start to finish? And they were happening every 8-10 minutes. I was miserable. I finally woke Ben up after about 45 minutes because I was truly afraid that something might be wrong at that point and realizing that I might be experiencing actual contractions and need to go to the hospital. Ben sprung out of bed and sat with me in the living room. I drank as much water as possible (since I know that not being hydrated enough can bring on contractions) and he timed the frequency of the pains. Finally, after a final bathroom trip and what felt like tons of water, I began feeling better. I was able to lie down and fall asleep and I proceeded to sleep until almost noon. Things have been perfectly fine since then... Baby Girl Geib has been active and kicking, I've lost no fluid and haven't bled at all throughout any of this time. I'm going to increase my current fluid intake (currently at roughly 64oz per day) to at least 80oz per day to try to compensate for this tropical weather. I'm also going to just take it easy in general for a while. My friends, I have gotten a taste of labor and I must say... it was not pleasant.
So about that couch mentioned up above. We're officially living in our house on base now but our furniture won't make it here until probably later this week or possibly next week. So the military has this nifty program where they loan out furniture for use until your furniture arrives. They even drop it off and pick it up for you! Sounds great, right? Well, it is. But the furniture is absolutely hideous. Absolutely and totally. I am not kidding in the least when I say that if you walked into our home, you'd walk away thinking we had robbed the La Quinta. I'm just going to have to post pictures because I cannot do justice to this degree of ugly. I just can't. If pictures are worth a thousand words, you're about to get a thousand words and a slap in the face from ugly. And this mattress they gave us... I'm ENTIRELY convinced that I could find a more cushy sidewalk. Not kidding. Ben thinks it's great, but I wake up thinking that I just slept on the world's hardest park bench. Maybe it's the combination of being pregnant and not sleeping wonderfully, but I'm a bitter little peach right now regarding this loaner furniture.
Ok, I'm pretty sure that Ben is about to hit a REM cycle, so we should get back home to that aforementioned La Quinta loot.
Oh, and congrats to me and Baby Girl Geib for officially being half way done with this pregnancy! :)
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You crack me up!! I am rolling over here! Sorry to hear about the lovely decor, and labor preview though. Can't wait to hear more about Baby Girl Geib!! And see some cute belly pics! Remember, I am living vicariously through you -- so don't be stingy with the piccies!
Oh, Crystal, you make me laugh. I love it! I hope things have calmed down and you get your own furniture soon! I bet you're an adorable bitter little peach!
I could NOT stop laughing during this entry. Well..the contraction part wasn't funny (and go you for being so well-informed!!). But the furniture..omg..I haven't laughed this hard since last time I talked to you.
Charlotte and I miss you. And don't forget, one of us can be shipped to you STAT!
Post a Comment