Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beach day!

Caroline and I went to the pool on the beach (sounds weird, huh?) with our friends Julie and Tommy today. I think the sun did both of us some good. Caroline has been battling the sniffles/fever/yuckiness caused by her influenza vaccination. (More on that later.) She seemed to have a good time although I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy when I first took her in the pool. To be fair to her, it WAS pretty chilly at first but after a few seconds, it felt fine. She fussed for a minute or so but after then had tons of fun swimming. She was full of smiles and splashing! We had a great time! If I hadn't been playing in the water with my smiling baby, I would have gotten some great pictures. Julie snapped a photo of us together, so here you go:


Caroline really IS wearing a bikini top, I promise. I didn't realize my arm was blocking it!

Here's the lovely little lady, lounging in the sunshine.


That Arbonne baby sunscreen is fabulous because Caroline remained pasty white despite the tropical sunshine! As a sidenote, is it warm in Texas yet? Because, well, I love my Guam weather.

Caroline got some vaccinations on tuesday and she's had a rough time since. She got congested, grumpy and feverish that evening. The next morning she wasn't much better although I got her fever to go away. She's been coughing and hacking up some slobber here and there. But today she seems to be feeling a little better, so hopefully she'll be back to normal tomorrow.

This is our last weekend home before the big trip home to Texas! We're getting very excited! We hope you all are too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its in the 70's here, so not too bad.

Her little swim suit is cute! And I love her little chub rolls - so squishy! :)

Kirsty

mestreen said...

You're one hot momma! :) That pic is so cute of the two of you!

Sara said...

I am very jealous! Of your weather, and that you are rocking a bikini!! I don't think my belly will ever see the light of day ever again!! lol