

Caroline is rocking that new molar of hers. She is definitely proud to have it and enjoys showing it off to me. I can't blame her after all of the hard work it took to grow it in the first place. She did start getting a bit grouchy again today and I'm wondering if her new molar is growing a friend. We'll see!
Speaking of that precious little baby of ours, I shot a little video of her the other day while switching her clothes out. (She's now officially in her 18 month clothes!) If you're wondering why there is a bumper on Caroline's crib rail in the video, it's because she rivals a beaver in her wood-chewing abilities and I'm trying to protect that rail since it will one day be her regular bed's footboard.
How precious is she with her "Dada?" Benjamin watched the video out in the desert and his heart promptly melted.
So what else is going? Well, we've been dealing with some weather lately! Depending on what happens, we may lose power for a couple of days, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. We're about to get hit by a tropical storm and I hear there may be a super-typhoon a few days behind it, but we'll see. We are VERY SAFE in our cement bunker-of-a-house, so please don't worry! We have battery operated lanterns, food, water, etc... we'll be fine. The only negative is that our typhoon shutters have been closed and locked, so not an inch of daylight can get inside. It's very... eerie. But we are safe and that is what matters!
Here's a radar image of the weather we've been experiencing: (and yes, I thought i'd be helpful and help you locate the tiny speck that is considered Guam. We're obviously where the arrow is pointing to!)
And here is a picture of our base:
We are on the high side of the island, so we will be just fine. The area of buildings towards the middle of the picture behind the runway is base housing. We can see the water from our house, so we're at that outer left section of housing.That's our big update for the week. If you don't see anymore updates from me, that means that we probably lost power. If we don't lose power, I'll post periodically to let you all know how things are going!
2 comments:
Oooh, I love the pictures, so smart!
Good luck riding the storm out ~ hope it doesn't get too bad!
Post a Comment