Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's been HOW long since I updated?

Too long, I know. I'm sorry. You know I'm usually better at updating, but with Katy leaving (BOO!) and my mom coming (Yay!), I've been really busy. But I'll try to be a little better with the updates!

So back to Katy leaving... depressing! I was SO sad to see her go. I tried to get her to stay through guilt, bribery, etc, but she had some good reasons for why she had to go. Mostly college. I'm working on convincing her to transfer to a school out here, haha, so we'll see how that goes. I really hope she comes back for at least another visit because we had a great time. I really miss her!

A few days after Katy left, my mom arrived. It's been nice to see her and have more adult company!

Today I took my mom to get her hair done by my favorite stylist in the world as a belated birthday present. She looks fabulous as expected, but guess who else got the royal treatment? Caroline! Caroline's bangs were so long that they reached her cheeks almost. Marko, my stylist, was willing to give her her very first trim!
Before her trim, she enjoyed hugging the Christmas bear decoration that was almost as tall as she was.

Ok, and kissing him too.

Just for reference, here's a before picture of her bangs. See that face she makes when her bangs get in her eyes... yeah, not great for picture taking.

Here she is during the trim while being held by Grandma. She wasn't too sure what was going on but didn't get upset or try to resist change.

Still getting worked on, still a little unsure.

After! On the playscape on base as a reward! Check out those nifty new bangs that no longer reach her chubby cheeks!

Going back in time a little bit, pre-bang cut, but the picture was cute, so I had to post it.

Lastly, a big Happy Birthday goes to Bentley, who turned 4 this past Thursday! Benjamin asked for a picture of Bentley when I told him it was Bentley's birthday, so this is what I came up with. I think Benjamin's going to be a lot more careful, or at least a lot more descriptive, with what he asks for in the future.

Oh wait, one last wonderful thing to celebrate... Benjamin's beautiful cousin, Natalie, got engaged this past week to her awesome beau, Clark, and we couldn't be more thrilled! Congratulations you two!

1 comment:

redheadchick said...

I'm loving Bentley's face, it says it all!