I asked Caroline to smile for a picture for the blog and she was happy to oblige.
I also asked her to take a belly picture with me and she took my words quite literally. :) Pardon my pajamas by the way. And the lack of make up. I didn't want to take a picture but I did promise you all one, so enjoy my pregnant glory at 19.5 weeks. Can you believe that in TWO short days, we'll be finding out if we're expecting a boy or a girl?! To say we're excited is an understatement! I'll post on tuesday right after my appointment to let you all know the status of our newest family addition. :)So that's the fun part of this weekend's post! The not so fun part is posted next... those with a weak stomach, stop reading.
Friday night, Caroline asked her Dada for an apple. Being the awesome dad that he is, he took out the trusty Pampered Chef apple slicer and got to work. Suddenly he yelled "CRYSTAL, I'M GOING TO NEED YOU TO FINISH THIS APPLE!" It was obvious that he had hurt himself so I rushed in there. There's Benjamin, thumb wrapped in a bloody paper towel hovering it over the kitchen sink. There's blood in the sink, on the floor, on the lower and UPPER cabinets and the CEILING. And he says "I think I need a Band-Aid...." Well, looking at the crime scene in front of me, I knew we needed a Band-Aid only after some stitches, so I grabbed a couple of things for the baby and we were on our way to the ER.
Here's Caroline comforting Dada in the ER.
Here's Benjamin relaxing in triage with some fresh gauze. (Note: the cut was on the underside of his thumb.)**** Don't scroll down if you don't want to see Benjamin's injured thumb! ****
A lot of numbing injections and a few stitches later, here's Benjamin's thumb:

The ER staff was pretty impressed with how deep and big the cut was. We brainstormed with them for a more impressive injury story than an apple slicer gone wild, but in the end, honesty is the best policy, right? So for all of our readers: be very careful with those darn Pampered Chef fruit slicers. They work really well on fruit but also really well on fingers. So beware!
A lot of numbing injections and a few stitches later, here's Benjamin's thumb:

The ER staff was pretty impressed with how deep and big the cut was. We brainstormed with them for a more impressive injury story than an apple slicer gone wild, but in the end, honesty is the best policy, right? So for all of our readers: be very careful with those darn Pampered Chef fruit slicers. They work really well on fruit but also really well on fingers. So beware!


1 comment:
Haha, I laughed all the way through that post! The belly picture is awesome too!
Post a Comment