I'm pretty angry with my maternity books right now. They have told me two lies lately! The first is that my energy is going to return with the magical second trimester. LIES. The second is that I won't have to pee as much during this magical trimester. MORE LIES. I have very little energy and I pee all of the time. That's probably TMI, I know.
As I'm typing this, I feel ever-so-soft kicks from within. It's really nice to finally feel movement! I can really only feel movement if I'm in one specific position, which is reclining on the couch.
One week until we find out if Baby Geib #2 is a boy or a girl! We're both really excited! Will we be having another sweet little girl? (I can imagine it now --Sweet little sisters, 2.5 years apart, best friends for life, etc. Don't ruin my fantasy.) Or will we be having a sweet little boy? I figure that since we have had our boy name picked out for years, we'll probably have a girl, haha. Not to mention that with Benjamin being a pilot, statistically our chances of having a girl are higher. We'll just see next Tuesday I suppose! The countdown is on!
I think I definitely look pregnant now -- finally! I certainly have a belly at this point. I can still fit into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but not for much longer. It's funny though because I remember being so excited when I could "finally" wear my brand new maternity clothes. It was like a rite of passage or something, like it proved that I was really pregnant. I gleefully packed away my non-maternity clothes and reveled in the glory of elastic waistbands. But with this second pregnancy, I've found myself holding out as long as possible. I just don't want to switch to maternity clothes! And I'm not the only one -- other pregnant girlfriends of mine feel the same way. I should clarify though -- all of those on subsequent pregnancies feel that way. I think it's because we remember how strong the desire was to fit back into our pre-pregnancy clothes after our first pregnancy! Sadly, I think we'll all be making the transition soon. At least we have each other, right?
Well, the exhaustion is beckoning me to bed, so I'm going to close this entry, but I'll post an updated belly shot this week!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can sympathize with being irritated about pregnancy book lies! So frustrating!
I'm so excited for you guys to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!!
M
I always thought it was fighter pilots who had girls. :) My mom always said it's God's way of humbling their egos. Hehe, I'm glad you both are so excited about the possibility of either or!
Caitlyn, your mom is hilarious.
Our reproductive endocronologist in San Diego said that studies are all over the place but that g force effects' on sperm are likely on all pilots -- fighter, helo, even commercial. Furthermore, he said that the same effects *could* be possible with an avid roller coaster rider or other males who experiences regular changes in g-forces. Like I said, there are studies all over the place, some saying there is an effect and others saying there isn't. So who knows? :)
No pictures? So now that you are showing, we want to see pictures.
Thats OK I will get to see in person in 7-8 days. I'm very excited. Like a little one waiting on Santa.
Post a Comment