Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So we had the big ultrasound today and...

it's a gorgeous BABY BOY!

See? He made it very clear!

It was a very exciting moment for Benjamin and I. I fully expected a girl because having a boy would be just too easy (we have a boy name, a boy nursery idea, etc but are stumped on all things girl related) and well, I thought I'd have a gaggle of girls! And as much as we knew we'd love to have a boy, we couldn't help but think of how wonderful Caroline is and how we wouldn't mind another little girl just like her. Before I found out I was even pregnant, I dreamt I was pregnant with a boy. I also dreamt I was pregnant with a girl before I found out I was pregnant with Caroline. So I guess I should trust my dreams!

When the ultrasound began, the technician started by looking at the head and then the heart. Everything looked great! He then started looking at the spine and internal organs. Things looked great there too. I wanted to ask if he could hurry up and tell us what we were so eager to know... boy or girl?! Finally he asked if we wanted to know the baby's sex and before he could finish, I said yes. So he moved the wand down and said "It's a boy!" "REALLY?!" I exclaimed. "Yep, I'm 100% sure its a boy." Benjamin grabbed my ankle (it was the closest body part to him) and squeezed. HARD. He was BEAMING! The technician then checked a few different angles, pointing out the testicles and penis several times. Definitely a boy!

Baby Boy Geib weighs in at 11 ounces and is right on track for growth, by the way. The big growth spurts are coming up, so I expect the belly to grow quickly from here on out!

We drove home from our appointment on cloud nine! We won't get the official report until Sept 2, but the tech made us feel like everything looked normal and healthy. We couldn't be happier. And come January 12th (approximately, though I have a feeling I'll go overdue again) we'll be proud parents of a beautiful baby boy! How lucky we are... we have a wonderful daughter and will now get to add a son to our family! When we told that wonderful daughter of ours that she had a little brother on the way, she said "No. I don't want." Uh oh! :) At least she still has some time to warm up to the idea!

Here are the other ultrasound pictures from our appointment: (Don't forget that you can click on the pictures to enlarge them!)

Boy parts & a hand

A couple of face shots
A profile and then a view look at the spine/back of skull

A foot & a thumb-sucking view

5 comments:

Pam said...

Congrats! I'm due January 12 with a boy, too. =) Somehow I'm not getting my official anatomy scan for 3 more weeks though. Boo! See ya at the hospital in 4 1/2 months or so. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love him already!!!!! He's precious!!!

And I love Caroline's response. Just so honest. <3

M

Our Family said...

Aw, congrats! Little boys are so much fun. I totally cracked up at Caroline's response. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww congrats you guys! Seems everyone is having little boys lately my BFF back home is due exactly a month before you with their first one!

-Angie

Kathy said...

Just saw the news! Congratulations! Boys are so much fun!! If we try for a 3rd, I'm hoping for a 3rd boy. And Caroline is going to be a great big sister!