Where do I start with Harrison's birth? It was so completely different than
Caroline's. It was calm, the pain was easily manageable (prior to the epidural even!) and it was quick. I had a wonderful girlfriend, Sara, who I chatted with through the whole thing. Benjamin was able to nap in preparation of the big delivery. Caroline kept me company until the actual pushing phase. It was relaxed and dare I say... pain free! Totally a dream labor. Even the delivery team commented that my delivery was like a yoga session, peaceful and relaxed! I'll post the birth story when I finish writing it (which needs to be soon because the details are already getting blurry!) Until then, here are a few pictures:
Pre-epidural with Caroline. I'd venture to say that I could have done this labor without an epidural... it really was that manageable.

Fully dilated and ready to push. This was our last family photo as a family of 3!

7 minutes of pushing (half that time just waiting for a big contraction) and 3 pushes later, out came Harrison. The doctors had estimated his weight at 7 1/2 pounds based on feeling my belly before delivery so they were all surprised that he was 8lbs 13oz. We were surprised too!

Minutes after delivery...

Hanging out with my two favorite little people in the world! Caroline is super excited to have a brother, but she made sure to let us know that "just one" sibling is enough.

Benjamin & Harrison.

Benjamin & Harrison again.

Home from the hospital and as cute as he can be!

Harrison & Benjamin, cuddling on the couch.

Caroline hanging out in my breastfeeding pillow. She likes to help me get set up to nurse Harrison by getting the "
Boobie pillow" out and buckling it around me. So helpful!
More to come soon! :)
1 comment:
I just saw this post and squeeed that you're using my blanket already! Hooray!
And he is gorgeous. You are all lovely! Just perfect!!
Post a Comment