Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just past 39 weeks now!

So it's not a great picture. I let Caroline dress herself... I squeezed into a pre-pregnancy sweatshirt like a sausage in a casing... basically, the usual around here. But at 39+ weeks pregnant, it's as good as things are going to get. :)

My dad arrived in San Diego last Friday and we've loved having him in town! I can't believe he's already leaving on Saturday! What a bummer! I think I've convinced him to come back pretty soon though, so that's good. The fringe benefit of having him here is that he and Benjamin have been busy bees tiling the kitchen, foyer and master bathroom with gorgeous travertine. It's coming along quite beautifully and my only complaint is that the house is in total disarray. I have an oven in my garage, a fridge in my dining room and general mess EVERYWHERE! That's not their faults though. Even if I could access the entire house right now, my body lacks the energy to get everything in order. Being 9 months pregnant really takes it's toll, you know?

For being 9 months pregnant, I really can't complain too much though. While my energy may have disappeared these past few days, I have been feeling pretty good overall. And while I'm not excited about labor (at all, but who is?), I am really excited to meet Baby Boy Geib. Here's hoping he is incredibly kind to his dear mother and makes labor quick and easy for both of us. Because that's obviously totally within his control, right? And hopefully he doesn't mind coming home to a house that is a wreck. Babies have terrible vision at first, right? ;)

I'll post as soon as we have an update worth posting! Hopefully that update is "The tile is done and the house is totally and completely unpacked and organized!" but I have a feeling it's going to be more along the lines of "Despite setting a world record for length of pregnancy, Crystal and Baby Boy are doing very well." FINGERS CROSSED.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I love the description of your clothing..and also the part about setting a world record for longest pregnancy. You are hilarious. Remember to listen to your body and REST!

<3 M

redheadchick said...

Dang you look good! If it's any consolation, my mom had my sister about 5 days after they moved into their new house, when my mom told my dad she was in labor he tried to convince her he could finish the backyard fence before they took her in....that's so dad. :) Good luck my dear!

Anonymous said...

Happy EDD Crystal!

I hope its not long now.

Kirsty :)