This is going to be a really big post! So sit back and kick up your heels. :)
First off, Caroline had her two month baby well-check yesterday. As you all know, we've been struggling with her weight. Well, at the appointment yesterday, she weighed in at a hefty 10lbs, 20z! A week earlier, she weighed 9lbs 5oz, so 11oz gained is enormous! I was obviously thrilled!
The rest of the appointment was fine. Caroline is healthy (even if a little small) and she was such a good baby for the doctor. The hard part of the appointment was getting immunizations and I think it's a toss up as to who it was harder for -- her or me! We had to go to the immunization clinic to get her vaccinations and since it's right before school starts, the lobby was full of little children. I'm pretty sure that death row is a little cheerier than that lobby.
When Caroline's turn arrived, I took her back and to my disappointment, had to hold her down for the shots. I didn't want to have to be one of the bad guys! :( She got three shots in her little thighs and screamed for about 20 seconds afterwards, but then was fine. I was so surprised! I gave her some infant tylenol and she was great the rest of the day. No fussiness really or any other after-effects from the vaccinations. Honestly, I was braced for the worst given Caroline's allergy history, but she had no problems whatsoever with this set of shots.
Since Caroline was feeling so well, I got to join the other squadron spouses for dinner in Tumon Bay. It was so nice to have adult company! And the wives out here are really great, so any get-together is welcome to me.
I tried to get Caroline to pose with me for some pictures for the blog and I'll post the results of that just below. I'm also posting some pictures of Caroline from today. The rest of the pictures are from Benjamin's camera and a trip he took last weekend to Miyajima, Japan. He wanted to add captions to the pictures for you all but ran out of time. Anyway, take a look for yourself and check out how sweaty all the guys got. Disgusting, huh?! Benjamin said that the deer you see in the pictures are extremely friendly and not at all skittish like the deer we're used to in the US. How odd it is to see these pictures of Benjamin-the-hunter petting deer?!
Ladies first!
Here's the first try. Caroline was not interested in looking at the camera, so we tried again...
and as you can see, the second attempt wasn't much better.
This was the best shot I could get. She's kind of facing the camera and she's not crying. So that's as good as it gets!
Here's the little birthday girl waiting to get her diaper changed this morning.
Full blown excitement with flailing arms and all!
Now on to Benjamin's pictures:
The awesome deer! If I were Benjamin, I would have not told people how friendly the deer were. I would have just let people believe I was like Snow White, with all the forest animals endeared to me. Honesty is overrated.
And on the the hiking pictures!
1 comment:
Caroline looks SO much like Ben!! Especially her jawline. Gorgeous photos!!
Post a Comment