Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finally!

Well, I'm finally back to blogging! Yay! I've really missed keeping this thing up to date. My laptop resigned after only 2 years of employment with me and I'm very disappointed with it. But I did find a replacement that is brand new and quite spiffy and will hopefully do a much better job. The replacement is on its way and should be here very, very soon. Thank goodness too! Since my laptop quit, I've been forced to use our desktop and ick! Desktops are so archaic! I'm thankful that we held on to ours though or else I'd be totally cut off from the world until the new laptop gets here. Horror of horrors!

So what's happened lately? Well, I am finally kicking this nasty cold. Caroline didn't catch it (knock on wood) and has been such a sweetie while I'm recovering. Because of my cold and cough, my surgery on monday was postponed. They can't give me a breathing tube with all of this coughing business, so the anesthesiologist and my doctor want to wait until I'm completely better. I can't say I'm sad that surgery was cancelled! I know I need to get it done and put behind me but I am not looking forward to it!

Caroline has started "talking" to me in long stretches. She used to just make noises here and there but now she's stringing lots of noises together to make little "sentences." Of course it's all just babble and makes no sense but it's absolutely adorable. Our "conversations" are the highlight of my day. Here's some video I took of us "talking." (Please excuse the funny angle. If she sees the camera, she gets distracted and stops "talking.")


Caroline, Kristina and I went shopping today for new couches and bought an awesome set. The set is so lovely and comfortable. They won't be delivered until next wednesday though, so I can't post pictures yet.

In bad news, it looks like Caroline and I won't be traveling to see Benjamin anytime soon. We were really hoping to spend his 27th birthday and Caroline's 3 month birthday together, but it doesn't look like it's meant to be. There's still a chance that it will work out and I'm holding out hope that it will, but it's not looking good. You never know though! Things change all the time! So I guess we'll just see what happens.

In good news, Caroline is gaining weight at a very healthy rate! She gained about half a pound this past week. Hopefully this trend will continue!

Benjamin climbed Mount Fuji this past weekend and had an interesting time. He says that it was one of the most physically challenging things he's ever done and he doesn't want to do it again. Here's a picture from the climb:


I think that's about all of our news. I hope everyone is doing well! :) Hopefully my new laptop will arrive soon. Once it does, I promise you'll see more updates!

No comments: