Saturday, July 31, 2010

16.5 Weeks!

Yes, there really is a baby in there. Right under nature's boob job.

The weather outside was terrible since we're in the height of rainy season, so we snapped a couple of pictures inside.


Things have been going really well so far this trimester! The nausea is long gone and will hopefully not return. My energy level has gotten a little better, but I still get tired out pretty easily. Haven't felt movement yet, but my doctor assures me that's right around the corner. Can you believe that at this point in the last pregnancy, we already knew we were having a girl? Crazy! I remember being in the ultrasound office with several other pregnant women who were very obviously showing. I felt like such a fraud sitting there with barely a bump! That's about how I'm still feeling this time around. We actually have expectant mother parking spaces around base that I refuse to use because I don't feel like I look pregnant enough! Benjamin, however, is entirely ready to use those spots when we go places. Maybe a few weeks from now? We'll see. :)

I had my first prenatal check-up this past week. I've actually gained some weight (which I hadn't at this point in the last pregnancy) and can definitely tell. Baby Geib is doing great! Heartbeat was at 144 beats per minute and the baby was moving a lot while we were listening to him/her on the doppler. It was really neat! We'll have the "big" ultrasound in a few weeks to make sure everything with Baby Geib is developing normally and hopefully we'll get the added bonus of finding out if we're expecting a boy or a girl! I'm really, really excited and I know Benjamin is too!

That's really all of the news here. Benjamin's been busy working and constantly making me and Caroline proud. Bentley lost a toenail (like the entire thing fell off, gross) and the discovery of aforementioned nail on my kitchen rug almost made me throw up/pass out. Caroline's intensely interested in reading, so we spend lots of time pulling books off the bookshelf, reading and putting them back. (Although to be honest, it's more time pulling them off and less time putting them back. Hence books being EVERYWHERE by the end of the day!) She's also taken to treating "Bear" as her baby, which is super cute to watch.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'll make sure to post another pregnancy picture soon. Don't be surprised if I suddenly have a ginormous bump. I have, like, no torso, so as soon as baby starts to put on weight, it will show!

2 comments:

Christine said...

You look great! Don't worry, you will show in time. And I loved the phrase "nature's boob job." So true!

mestreen said...

Um, that's what I look like after a big meal. Without the boob job.:)