Saturday, July 10, 2010

Big Project Reveal!

So remember back a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned a big project we were working on that we'd reveal soon? Well, brace yourself for this project... it's a big one... it's a fun one... and it's one that's about 6 months from done. I know, some "big" reveal and the project isn't even done... rip off blog post?! But I think it's worth the post.

We are very happy to announce that the "big project" is actually Baby Geib #2, who is due January 12th, 2011! Exciting, right?! We're thrilled! And so is Caroline, who can't stop talking about how she is going to be a "big sissa!"

Right now I'm 13.5 weeks pregnant and so happy to be done with the first trimester. The pregnancy with Caroline was a breeze, but this baby brought major nausea and fatigue. The nausea, thanks in part to both medication and time, has completely subsided and now I'm just dealing with trying to keep up with a toddler. Caroline is a pretty easy kiddo, so I can't complain too much, but I have been super exhausted for most of this pregnancy. They say that second trimester brings relief, so my fingers are crossed.

In case you're curious, I found out that I was pregnant on Mother's Day. How appropriate, right? It was tough to keep it quiet for so long, but we wanted to make sure everything was progressing as it should before shouting from the rooftops. We had the first ultrasound this week and feel it's appropriate to shout now! We hope you all are as excited as we are as we start this second journey into parenthood.

And since no blog entry would be complete without pictures, please meet Baby Geib #2! (FYI, Baby Geib is laying face down and you're looking at profile body shots.)

5 comments:

Pam said...

Ah! Another blogger pregnancy! Congrats-I'm due the same day! Maybe I'll see you at the hospital? =)

Anonymous said...

:D Yay!

xo Kirsty

Jessica said...

Very exciting! Congrats :)

Lady Pike said...

OH!!! Crystal ....we are so excited for you guys!!!! Love the US pics!!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!