Thursday, February 14, 2008

24 1/2 week appointment :)

Today's appointment went well. I guess I have better luck than Bentley!

I have gained more weight which is really good. My doctor said I've gained the "perfect" amount, whatever that means. I don't think I'll ever enjoy gaining weight, but I'll tolerate it for Baby Girl Geib's sake. I just wish I had the mobility to continue to exercise and I don't.

Speaking of mobility, my doctor thinks I'm having pelvic girdle pain and that's what's making mobility so difficult for me right now. As I thought, there's not a lot that can be done besides having this baby and that's not going to happen for a few months. So in the meantime, he's referring me to a physical therapist who will hopefully be able to show me some stretches or something to help minimize the pain. My doctor said he's not surprised to hear that I'm having this issue... apparently he sees it more in his petite-framed patients. (Hey, being called petite-framed made my day!) Oh, and an added bonus to this mobility issue is that I get to park in the "stork parking" lot now which is right next to the front door. Woo-hoo! :)

I had to do my 1 hour glucose test today to screen for gestational diabetes. They had me drink 8 oz of something that tasted just like orange soda and then I waited for an hour for my body to process the sugar before they could draw my blood. The blood draw was not bad at all. But the adhesive tape they used to hold the cottonball to my puncture wound afterward was awful. When I took it off, it tore off some of my skin! My puncture wound is miniscule and harmless looking but the rest of my skin looks awful! And I had gotten the adhesive wet first! Note to self, try to refuse that tape next time...

After my appointment, I was tuckered out and took the nicest, longest nap. It worked out perfectly too because I slept the whole time Benjamin was at work. :)

I hope you all have a fantastic Valentine's day! Ben and I had a great Valentine's day punctuated by hearing our little baby girl's heartbeat... and we couldn't ask for more! :)

No comments: