Sunday, February 3, 2008

23 weeks!

It's so hard to take pics outside because the wind never stops!

Besides being a little more tired than usual, things are great. Baby Girl Geib is very active. VERY active. My bladder can attest to that fact for sure. She's been kicking so hard that her dad can feel the kicks. He's been able to feel them for a few weeks now, but they're much harder and more entertaining now. We're both pretty much convinced that BGG has a promising future as either a ninja or a Rockette.

This week is going to be pretty low key for us. Benjamin has some sort of ground school all week and I'm STILL working on organizing. It's amazing how long it takes to get settled somewhere when you have the stamina of a snail. Thank goodness I have Benjamin, seriously. This past weekend I supervised while he changed four of our light fixtures. I was great at supervising from the couch, seriously great. And our house looks so much better now! It definitely looks like we've left the 1960's, thank goodness. I should have taken before pictures of the light fixtures. Wait a second... I think I'm in luck... I think I have before pictures! I do! Okay, here you all go:


This... lovely... piece of lighting has been replaced with this:
Please excuse the wall around the light. We have some touch up painting to do to completely remove the evidence of the previous light fixture. If you look closely, you can see the outside of the old lighting's edges. (Almost like a chalk outline of a crime scene. And those lights really were crimes, they were so ugly. And there were THREE of them! One in each bedroom and one in the foyer.)

And onto the next atrocity:


This astoundingly classy dining room chandelier has been replaced with this:



(As you can see, we painted the dining room wall!)

Hopefully I'll be done organizing the rest of the house by this weekend so that I can finally post pictures of our living quarters. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of you!!! YOU LOOK PRECIOUS!

Ok, those light fixtures were atrocious... I'm really glad Ben was still there to change them out. I really like the new ones! Very pretty!!!

Oh..so when my prof finally let us go on break you were offline. Sorry about that.

-M

Our Family said...

Oh, that dining room light fixture is awful! I don't know if I've ever seen one that ugly before-so glad you have good taste and were able to replace it!

wee4peters said...

YAY for more pictures! Crystal -- You look fabulous!:>) Glad you all replaced those light fixtures. They were hideous, man alive! **Oh, I went to Walmart today and I saw a license plate on a SUV that said, "GUAM." I instantly thought of you. Do you have your Jetta there?**