Yesterday was the big day for Bentley. He got multiple chest xrays and an echocardiogram. The echo was transmitted digitally to the US and his chest x-rays were Fedexed so that everything can be analyzed by a radiologist. We should have results within the week.
The vet didn't have much news preliminarily although she did tell me that Bentley's heart is enlarged. That's not a good thing and could indicate some serious problems, but we refuse to get down about it until we know more from the radiologist. There will likely be medications we can put him on to help his heart and prolong his life and I made sure that we could get those medications here in Guam. (We can!) So we'll see what the radiologist says... hopefully he has good news.
About Bentley's paw... the vet said that the black pigmentation in the sore indicates healing and that she'd just let it be. She said it didn't look like anything to be concerned about and said that it's likely a histiocytoma or something like that that. Since the appearance is improving and it's never bothered Bentley, she didn't see a reason to look into it further at this point. I can't put into words how happy I am that I didn't let the other vet perform surgery on Bentley's paw! Especially now that we know that Bentley's heart is enlarged which could affect his survivability under anesthesia greatly!
I'll keep you posted on what we find out from the radiologist.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment