Yay! I'm just over 24 weeks pregnant now! Baby Girl Geib seems to be doing really well. She has days when she's REALLY active and days when she's more relaxed. I've found that she likes to get active when I first lay down to go to sleep. The books tell me that this is common. Apparently when I'm in motion, this rocks her to sleep. So when I get still, she wakes up. I also feel like she's turned some. Whereas her kicks always used to be very low in my abdomen, they seem much higher now. She's kicking right now, so I guess she's trying to make sure I give you as accurate of a description as possible.
Sometime last week I noticed an aching in the back left side of my pelvis. At first I dismissed this thinking that I probably just slept funny. But when several days passed without the pain letting up, I began to suspect it was something more. So out came the pregnancy books! After reading through those and talking to some pregnant friends I found that I'm likely having problems with pelvic girdle pain (PGP.) I'll save you the specifics, but it's pregnancy related and will go away after delivery. Unfortunately, in the meantime, I've been left with constant, aching pain that makes it hard to walk. I hobble around and can hardly put any weight on my left leg. It's ridiculous. But it's definitely given me a new appreciation for mobility. I can't wait to get that back! And I desperately hope that this pain either recedes some or goes away completely and soon. Tonight the pain was so bad on our evening walk with Bentley that I almost sat down on the sidewalk and asked Ben to go home to get the truck and pick me up later. I think shear pride and stubbornness kept me walking. :( I guess we'll have to cut back on the walks a little bit, at least until I start feeling better. Or maybe I could just send the boys without me.
My next doctor's appointment is on thursday (that's wednesday for you folks in the US) and I'll definitely be bringing up this pain issue with him. Besides that pain, I have no complaints. Pregnancy has been wonderful to me and Baby Girl Geib is a joy thus far. I'll definitely be posting quite a bit more this week to update you all on my appointment and Bentley's appointment (see post below). And I know this is fantasy more than anything else, but hopefully I'll be posting about how I woke up and the pain disappeared. Hey, I'm dreamer!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment