Sunday, April 6, 2008

32 Weeks...


Make sure to check out the post right below this one. It was written by Benjamin and since we're both updating today, I don't want his entry to get overlooked since it's under mine!

As Benjamin said, he is now deployed. I think that saying goodbye to eachother was easily the hardest thing either of us have ever had to do. It's heartbreaking to say goodbye and the changes we have ahead of us only made saying goodbye harder. I won't go into the details of the goodbye, but suffice it to say that I walked away from that goodbye knowing that the pain of that moment only helped prove exactly how wonderful our marriage is and how happy we truly are. I'd be worried if saying goodbye wasn't hard! I don't wish for the goodbyes to become less painful, just less frequent! And as if I weren't already grateful every moment for having Benjamin in my life, I'm even more grateful now. :)

This past week has been an adventure. Bentley got his routine vaccinations on tuesday and spent the next few days fighting an allergic reaction to them. It wasn't pretty! But he appears to be back in good health now, thank goodness.

Pregnancy is still great! No complaints. I'm not uncomfortable or in any sort of pain. I've realized that I need to start taking showers instead of baths because I'm not really good at getting out of the tub alone. Baby Girl Geib will be considered "full term" 5 weeks from now! She's still welcome to stay a few weeks past then of course, but not much longer. Yikes, typing that out just made me realize that I really need to start working on her nursery! Her crib, dresser and glider are set up but I haven't decorated her room yet and that's a big deal to me. But now that Benjamin is deployed, I'll have nothing but free time to focus on decorating, so I'll get things done.

Speaking of pregnancy, I was reading the "Week 32" chapter in my pregnancy book earlier today and just had to get something off my chest. Why do baby books compare the weekly size of the baby to food? I don't get it. Is it because they believe us preggos constantly have our hands so full of food that we're certain to be able to draw parallels between the two? While that MAY be true, it would be much more helpful if instead of comparing the size of my baby to the size of a "large jicama" they compared her to the weight of the bag of dorritos and half-empty Haagen Daas container I'm holding. Ok, I don't really eat dorritos and Haagen Das (seriously, my diet revolves around sandwiches, fruit and popcorn.) As a sidenote, what the heck is a "large jicama" anyway?

My wonderful friend Kristina threw a surprise squadron baby shower for me today! She did SUCH an amazing job hosting the party. The decorations, the food, the games (and prizes!), the presents... awesome. And to think, she did such a wonderful job out here in Guam where we have some very limited party-planning resources! I'll definitely post a few pictures. We got awesome gifts for BGG! She's going to be one spoiled baby. :)

On to pictures from today:
The cake!
The awesome diaper cake that Kristina made! Didn't she do a great job?
Opening presents... I'll need to get Kristina to send me the pictures from her camera!
32 weeks!

Can you spot the camera hog?

I think that Bentley had a hard time figuring out how to hog the pictures since I was using the self-timer on my camera and he couldn't see where the pictures were being taken. :) He figured it out at the end, but by then I at least got a couple without him.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

You look so great! Your baby shower looked so adorable-I'd love to see a close up of that diaper cake! Goodbyes stink, but just imagine how great the homecoming will be. :)

Sara said...

Gorgeous Mama!! I'm glad you got a shower!! You really deserve it!

But that doesn't get you off the hook! I'm still waiting for your list missy!!

Give BGG a tummy rub for me!

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely radiant! I always look like Godzilla attacking a town when I use the self timer. You'll have to share your genius...

wee4peters said...

Oh, I'm sorry that Ben had to deploy. My heart aches for you. Tears were filling my eyes as I read what you typed.

You look wonderful Crystal! Enjoy these last few weeks of your pregnancy. They will either go by fast or drag on (it was slow with Jax, fast with Audrey). I don't know which is worse....;>)

Anonymous said...

I just saw the "Jaws" type attack of the camera that Bentley seems to be employing. He seriously looks like a whale or a shark attacking the screen... lol