Sunday, April 20, 2008

34 weeks!



I think I'm getting the third trimester sleepies! I am so tired! I'm confident that this baby has far more energy than me these days. Which is a shame really because I'm the one who needs to get a ton of stuff done.

My forehead is okay today. There's an ugly purple burn mark, but it's not horrible. I'm still boycotting the curling iron from now on though.

This evening I had a "Lonely Hearts" dinner with some of the other deployed spouse wives' and it was really nice. The food was fabulous and so was the company. It was really nice to get to socialize and the other gals had some great mommy advice for me. I had a terrific time but I am worn out, so this post is definitely going to be a shorter one that normal.

OH! I got to hold a friend's brand new baby girl today! She's 6lbs and just SO precious. I have to admit, after seeing and holding her, I'm definitely a little more excited about my own arriving. Still not excited about labor though, not going to lie. :) But at least I have my eyes on the prize a little more.

I took a couple of pictures today, the first which is up above. The other one I took make me laugh because Bentley is making it look like he just HATES having his picture taken and we all know how untrue that is.


I received the funniest email from one of my pregnancy sites with a 34-week update. I just had to share this paragraph because it had me laughing out loud for a good five minutes:

Yes dear, you’re officially “waddling” these days. Try to comfort yourself with this thought: it’s nearly over. Soon, you’ll just have to carry your adorable little watermelon in your arms. And in a rare spate of good news: this weight shift means you can breathe easier now that your lungs aren’t compressed. The not-so-good news, it’s a trade off: (we’ll wait till you’re back from the restroom) this new position has your poor bladder even more squished than before. We’d recommend writing your bladder little love poems to convince it not to leave you altogether, but unfortunately bladders don’t speak English (only Italian love poems will do).


Last but not least, an amazing friend of mine, Sara, has put together an online baby shower for me. If you'd like to check it out, go to http://www.webbabyshower.com/Crystal/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look radiant! And I can't believe that grumpy Bentley, lol. As if!

Lots of love!

Our Family said...

You look fabulous-I'll send some energy your way so you can get everything done!