I apparently need to stay away from my curling iron. I burned the dickens out of my forehead today! Luckily it's in a spot where I can sweep my hair over to cover it.
Pregnancy is still going well. Baby Girl Geib is still kicking and moving around like crazy even though the books say her movements will be more and more subtle. We'll see if BGG agrees with the books. I figure that now that she's over 5lbs, she has to be running out of room in there, right?!
Right now I'm working on the finishing details for the nursery. Don't mistake that for actual work IN the nursery... I haven't done that. I've just been finishing putting together the ideas for the nursery. I'll be painting one wall this coming week so that I can do the detail work the following week. My goal is to be done with the nursery in two weeks. I'll be just about 36 weeks along by then. I know my mobility is waning with every passing week, which is why I feel the pressure to get everything I can get done now. I have so much to do!
But back to the details... I'm ordering some artwork for BGG that I'm very excited about. I found a great artist in the States that is willing to work with my ideas, so I'm thrilled. The painting will have BGG's first name in it. It will also have the two bunnies from the cover of the book Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney. The border of the painting will feature the colors of BGG's room. There will be tiny butterflies and flowers incorporated into the painting too. It's going to be very feminine and sweet and something that BGG will always be able to have hanging on her wall. There's a lot of significance to the painting too, like the number of butterflies and flowers. I'll elaborate on that another time, probably after BGG is born. I chose the Guess How Much I Love You bunnies as the model for the painting because that is the first book I ever bought for BGG. I knew how much I would love her even though I didn't (and don't yet) know her and that book summed it up perfectly. So it's only fitting to have those bunnies in her room. I hope she grows up looking at them and knowing how much not only I, but her father, love her. :)
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment