
I think Bentley misses his dad. I know I miss his dad, so I can't blame him. Benjamin is a very missable person! Anyway, this evening I took a cute picture of Bentley to email to his dad. Then I said "Bentley, do you miss your dad?" And this is the face he made:

Doesn't he look sad?! His face pulls at my heartstrings!!!I had to give him a toy to cheer him up after that. It worked....



So problem solved. I wish it was that easy for me to feel better! In all seriousness though, I am doing really well. I really do miss Benjamin... a LOT. But life with him gone isn't as bad as I thought I would be. In fact, I think the anticipation of his deployment was way worse than the deployment itself. Then again, it's only been just over a week since he left, so who knows how I'll feel later.
The dogs and I have settled into a pretty good routine. And I've been getting a ton of stuff done around the house! I saved quite a few projects to keep myself busy and take my mind off of missing Benjamin, so that's what I've been working on. I've discovered that I can operate a DRILL! I'm not even kidding. My walls were trembling in terror, but I did it! A day later, I'm almost positive they still shudder when I walk by. Little do they know, I plan on doing more drilling later tonight. I wish I could lie and say that my craftmanship is flawless, fantastic. But sadly, I did not inherit my dad's craftmanship. Sorry, dad. But I'm good enough to get the job done and that's what matters to me. Well, until a big earthquake hits, that's what matters. When the big earthquake hits, um, if you're visiting, don't stand in my laundry room, okay?
I finally know what I'm doing with the nursery! It took me quite a while to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, but it hit me last night. It's going to take quite a bit of work, but I think it will be absolutely amazing. At least in my head it's amazing. My laundry room drilling project was amazing in my head too and you've heard how that turned out. But I think this really will actually be amazing. And even if it's not, Baby Girl Geib's vision won't be that good for a while. (Babies can only see a couple of feet ahead of them after all.)
For my future drilling needs (and there are quite a few projects that will need drilling like a couple of sets of shelves I need put up plus some pictures) I am going to borrow a husband. I know there have to be some non-deployed ones around here! Someone is bound to feel sorry for me or worry for my baby's safety enough to come help, right? I'll keep you all posted....
Oh, look at this adorable onesie that I bought:

I happened to see it and when I did, felt the strongest kick from BGG. I took it as a sign. I'm so pleased that she already has such great fashion sense!
2 comments:
Awwww! What a cute outfit! And what a cute puppy!
I think the nursery will be absolutely fabulous. What a lucky little girl!! :) (for more than one reason)
Aww! Poor Bentley! He does look sad. Good things dogs are easily amused!
By the way, teasing us with comments about the nursery better be leading up to pictures of it!!! I want to see!
Post a Comment