This morning I stumbled into my bathroom for probably the 4th pee break of the night. My eyes were not at all adjusted to the soft glow of the morning sun, but I could see lots of little black dots on my bathroom wall. I didn't really care what the dots were, I just wanted to pee and get whatever sleep my body was willing to give me.
When I finally got out of bed, probably an hour later, I went straight to the bathroom. Those black dots were ants! And lots of them! Thankfully, they were not the kind that actually sting, they are just annoying. They somehow get into the AC vents in vehicles out here and when you turn on your AC, it's not uncommon for them to get blown out on you. Since they don't sting, this is more annoying that frightening. But when they land on you, they start running around like little maniacs, so I'm guessing they are more frightened than we could possibly be. (I hope I didn't just scare away any potential visitors...)
I looked for ant spray, but we didn't have any for indoor use, only some pellets for outdoor use. Our base grocery store is closed today and so was the other base store I tried. (For some odd reason, almost everything on base is closed today. I thought it must be a holiday or something, but no. Just a base holiday apparently. Maybe it's so that everyone can finish their taxes?)
When I got home, I decided to get a little creative. My Lysol bathroom deodorizer spray took care of the ants on the inside, which was great. I could tell that the ants were coming in and out of the bathroom window conveniently located way higher than I could dream of reaching. I decided to put some of the ant poison pellets on the ledge of the outside of the window (which was an adventure that included a plastic lawn chair and a not so great sense of balance), so I did that and then sprayed the army of ants congregating in the area with wasp spray. All in all, I think I did a pretty good job! I haven't seen any more ants coming into the bathroom yet.
I haven't taken a 33 week picture, but I will either this evening or tomorrow. I hope everyone is well!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your pain - we're being over run right now too! I hope you were able to win the battle for the bathroom!
Post a Comment