Monday, April 28, 2008

Pictures!

I didn't take cute pictures for you all today... sorry. :( I did snap a few pictures of me looking haggard and worn out in my pajamas though! I either scared my camera or the battery is just really low because it did not feel like cooperating. So please excuse the blurry picture. And no cracks about how huge I am... I already know that.

You can see Jill & a toy of Bentley's in the background of the above picture!

Bentley wanted you to see his profile. He's put on some weight recently too.

This picture makes me cringe. I'm massive. Thank goodness I'm almost done!

I got to chat with Benjamin for a little while tonight! It was awesome! He is doing well and sent me some great pictures. He's deployed with some wonderful people which I think makes his experience much more tolerable. He's in terrific spirits and is excitedly waiting for BGG's big arrival. I sent him the above pictures and he said "Wow, you're getting BIG!" He forgot to say how beautiful and glowing pregnancy has made me but I'm sure he was thinking it, right?

I painted the nursery last night! And I simultaneously disovered that I don't like painting. I'm actually about to go throw a second coat of paint on the walls. Spare me the lecture about how I shouldn't be painting... these walls won't paint themselves!!! I'm curious to see how the room looks once the tape comes off. Keep your fingers crossed.

Today I managed to put the baby swing together! It's really cool. I think BGG is going to like it. Bentley was definitely curious about it and I think his feelings are hurt because I wouldn't let him check it out.

I have to admit, I'm having mixed feelings about this deployment. On one hand, I'm really appreciating learning how independent I can be. Painting, putting furniture together, taking care of the house and the truck, etc, has given me a lot of confidence that I can handle this whole single-parent thing on my own. Then again, I really miss not having Benjamin here and being able to do this stuff together! :( It would be a lot of fun. But he has a wonderful job doing something truly wonderful and heroic for our country and that's incredible. Let me tell you, being in a military marriage and dealing with deployments never for one second allows you to take your spouse and the love you have for them for granted! :) I'm reminded of how much Benjamin means to me and how much I love him every day. And I'm never truly without him... I carry a piece of him in my heart, in my mind and in my belly!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look gorgeous. Even if you claim to be haggard! I can't believe how close you are! I can't wait to see what you've done with the nursery!

Sara said...

Crystal -- you don't look huge at all! Actually, I was thinking you are carrying her so well! You seem to have a basketball under your shirt!! SO CUTE!!

p.s. I didn't realize you still had Jill!! She's definitely not a photo hog like Bentley, huh?! hehe