Saturday, March 15, 2008

29 Weeks!

This week has been great! I'm feeling pretty good and my appointments this past week went really well. I'm measuring on target, my weight is right where it should be and Baby Girl Geib's heartbeat is very healthy and strong. She's continued to be really active lately. A couple of days ago her kicks actually started to become a little painful. Not terrible or anything, just slightly unpleasant. She seems to think that my bedtime is her playtime. Every time I lie down, she starts kicking big time! I've even woken up to her kicking as well. She's having a blast. Mommy isn't. :)

Benjamin and I got to take a tour of the mother-baby unit at the Naval hospital and we were pleasantly surprised... it was pretty nice! My expectations weren't very high because, well, it's GUAM for crying out loud, but the unit was great. It put me at ease a little bit to know where I'll be delivering. The nursing staff was very friendly and I think I'll be in great hands. After the mother-baby unit tour, I got my Rhogam injection since I'm Rh-. The shot wasn't bad at all! I had to get it in my butt and I was really sore for the next day or so, but that was it.

My appointment with my physical therapist went really well also. So well that my physical therapist said I can quit our weekly appointments and just come back if my hip pain returns. Fingers crossed that it doesn't!

I've been having some odd sleeping patterns lately. I fall asleep almost instantly and then wake up in the middle of the night to pee. Once I get back to bed, I struggle to fall back to sleep. I usually manage to sleep a few more hours, but then I'm up again. Because of this, I've been doing odd things like grocery shopping at 7:30 am. And I'm totally not a morning person, so that's remarkable. Maybe it's nature's way of getting me ready for what's to come! Only when BGG gets here, I probably won't get those lovely afternoon naps I like to take.

Hmm, let's see... what else happened this week? Oh, I think I blew up the air conditioner! I've been setting it so low lately that Benjamin's been wearing sweats and sweaters while I lounge around in shorts and a tank top. (I have to note, this is great revenge because the past almost four years have been the total opposite with him freezing me out.) Anyway, a couple of mornings ago we woke up to no power. At first we thought it was just a Guam power problem, but all of our neighbors had power so we ruled that out. Maintenance showed up and discovered that our AC unit was old and had burned out which tripped the power to the rest of the house. They ended up replacing the entire unit and the new one is awesome! It's seriously like our own little piece of Antarctica in Guam.

Well, I think that's about it for the update, so now on to some pictures!

First there's me in my Saint Patrick's Day top at 29 weeks pregnant. My hair doesn't always look messy, I promise, but this Guam wind does me no favors on picture day.

And here's the handsome Benjamin who really doesn't get enough face time on this blog!

No comments: