Woo-hoo! I am now in my third and LAST trimester. :) Time really flies, huh?
Lately I've been consuming enormous quantities of milk. To those who have known me over the years, this is probably astounding and unbelievable, as they all know I've never been a fan of milk. I actually basically despised milk most of my life. But I love it here! Guam's milk is ultra-pasteurized. This is great because it means that our milk lasts a long time. For instance, I bought milk today (bringing our fridge tally up to 5 half-gallons which will probably be a 3 day supply for me) and it's good for almost a month. I can only drink milk for a day or two after buying it in the states. After that, it develops this weird smell and taste that I can't tolerate. I'm so ridiculously picky. But this ultra-pasteurized milk is fabulous! It doesn't develop a funky smell or taste or anything. So I'm a happy girl and I think Baby Girl Geib is happy too.
I had my appointment with my physical therapist this past week. He was wonderful! He's getting his PhD from Baylor online right now and go this bachelor's degree there as well. That gave us a lot to talk about since my in-laws and extended family went to Baylor and my brother-in-law plays football there. Anyway, back to the appointment. After putting me through a barrage of exercises, he decided that my troubles are because of my Sacroiliac joint. Basically, pregnancy is causing the muscles and ligaments in my pelvis to loosen in preparation for delivery and this makes my sacroiliac joint more unstable. That instability leads to all the pain I've been experiencing in my hips. The cure of course is delivery and there's not much that can be done in the meantime. However, in the past week, my hips have been feeling a lot better. I can actually walk without wincing in pain which is great considering that I spent the 4 weeks prior practically immobile.
My physical therapist wants to see me once a week for the next month to monitor my hips. While the pain I was experiencing is nearly gone, it could return at any time. The PT said that this pain usually peaks in the third trimester, so it won't be surprising if it returns. But at least it's come and gone once, so if it comes back, I'll know there's hope of it going away again. That alone will make it more bearable!
Besides seeing my PT, I managed to get my first really good Guam sunburn. I met a girlfriend of mine at the pool this past week and stayed in the sun for an hour tops. We chatted until a rainshower came and then decided to do some shopping. Well, when I got home to change out of my swimsuit into shopping clothes, I noticed how horribly sunburned I was. It was pretty brutal and since I was laying on my left side so that I was facing Kristina, my right side took the brunt of the burn. It looked ridiculous and I felt like such a dork. In good news though, the sunburn finally evened out the weird patch of sunburn I got last summer shaped like the state of Texas. I'm serious. When my parents visited last July, I missed putting sunscreen on part of my hip and the result was a burn in the shape of Texas. I kind of liked it... like carrying a piece of home with me wherever I went. But alas, it's now gone.
Benjamin's been really busy with work lately but enjoys what he does. Guam seems to be a great fit for him and I have to say, I really like it out here too. We're still waiting to find out exactly when he's going to deploy. We have no dates, but we both figure it's just around the corner. While I love having him home, I'm almost ready for him to deploy because the sooner he leaves, the sooner he'll be back. Then again, I hate to have him gone at all, especially given what our near future holds.
I guess that's about it for this update. Not a lot has really gone on so there hasn't been a lot to update about. Hope all is well with everyone and I'm sure I'll have some good updates soon! :)
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment