Sunday, March 23, 2008

30 weeks!

Sick of this style dress on me yet? Or Bentley being in every picture?

30 weeks pregnant, and I'm now officially 75% done with this pregnancy. Baby Girl Geib will be considered full term in 7 short weeks! I certainly won't be opposed to her making an early appearance so long as she's ready and healthy. Of course her mother has an unfortunate habit of being slightly (but chronically) late in life, so let's hope she doesn't take after me. Her dad is very punctual though, so fingers crossed that she got that gene from him.

The pregnancy is going very well. I really don't have any complaints. I'm not miserable by any means. I'm finding it slightly harder to lean forward or get off of the couch or the bed or out of the bathtub. And the weight of BGG on my bladder makes it ache when it's full, but that's really not a big deal. My hips have been wonderful lately, so thank goodness for that!

I'm so excited because Benjamin and I actually get to have a little downtime together this week! Unfortunately, it's because he will be deploying very soon now, but hey, I'll take it! He'll still have a few flights to do this week, but the rest of his time is mine. And boy, what I have in store for him. We have a four hour long childbirth class this wednesday at the hospital I'll be delivering BGG at. We both know that Benjamin will likely not be present for the birth, but regardless, we both think it's important for him to take part in the class.

In exciting news, I've managed to book the most fantastic photographer in Guam for Baby Girl Geib's first photoshoot! This photographer is completely booked until she moves but she made a special exception to photograph BGG. She's absolutely amazing... very much in the style of Anne Geddes. The only hitch is that she'll only be in Guam until the second week of June. So let's hope that BGG doesn't go totally diva on us, come way late and miss her first photo shoot because that's just plain rude.

In not so exciting news, Bentley has developed an injury on the pad of his paw. It will heal for a few days and then he'll accidentally do something to make the darn thing start bleeding again. I have come to polka-dot looking blood stained carpet and couch pillows way too many times recently. Luckily Woolite makes a fabulous stain remover product that thus far has worked miracles on everything. And yay for having removable cushion covers! Fingers crossed that his paw heals completely soon...

Back to exciting news, I found out yesterday that one of my best friends is moving to Japan!!! Her husband just received orders there and I'm completely thrilled. She'll come visit me in Guam and I'll go visit her in Japan (which is a very short plane ride away) and we can be travel buddies! She has a fabulous son who I've yet to meet due to the Navy moving us apart, so I'm thrilled that the Navy is finally moving us closer together. And it's great to have another friend in this part of the world. I have one of the world's greatest friends (Kristina!) here in Guam with me and I can't tell you how much greater our Guam adventure has been due to this gal. I mean, she's going to be holding my hand in the delivery room and that's really one of the nicest things someone can do for you. You can bet if Sara was going to be in Japan around my due date, I'd be forcing her to fly here and hold my other hand.

Benjamin says he doesn't have any news he needs me to add to the blog, so I guess it's on to the 30 week pictures! BGG just gave me a good kick, which I take is her way of saying hello to everyone. Take care and have a very happy Easter!

When I sat for this picture, he had no problems joining me.

And getting kisses of course... Benjamin will tell you that Bentley probably gets more kisses in a day than him. But hey, Bentley is more proactive. Unfortunately, his breath isn't as good as Benjamin's.

:)

You can see his paw injury if you look closely at the far right side of his right paw.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Awwww, we made it into your blog!!! I feel like a celebrity now! hahaha

We can't wait to be closer to you guys and I'm planning to come for a visit as soon as we have our house settled. I can't wait to meet BGG!!!! Bennet says he's excited too! He loves helping with babies!