Sunday, March 30, 2008

Guam's Poisonous Killer Cane Toads...

Doesn't this toad look totally humiliated?

Benjamin really wanted to make sure that you all got to see the toads that we have here on Guam. He'll have you believe that they are vile, poisonous dog-killers, but I think they're kind of cute. Sure, their excretions can kill a dog in 15 minutes, but it's not like they hunt and chase down dogs or anything. It's just that dogs (including Bentley) are cruel enough to hunt these toads for entertainment. We don't let Bentley have unsupervised yard privileges directly as a result of this toad issue.



Yes, that's Benjamin's hand in the pictures and yes, he's wearing gloves. Bentley and I snickered at him the whole time.

2 comments:

wee4peters said...

Oh my gosh! How wicked to have those toads around.....definitely keep an eye on Mr. Bentley with those awful things around. EEK!

Anonymous said...

They have those nasty frogs..or toads w/e..in Florida! I had to protect my precious angel from them!!! I think he looks as though he's plotting the demise of millions.