Monday, March 10, 2008

The pregnant banana...

28 weeks pregnant! Woo-hoo! Well technically I'm just over 28 weeks pregnant now, but who's counting, right? Oh yeah, me.

Baby Girl Geib is doing VERY well. She has been quite active lately! So active that one day last week when I noticed I had some peace, I got worried because well... I had some peace. No kicking or anything. I thought maybe BGG was just having a lazy day, much like her parents on sunday mornings, but I was a little concerned. So upon telling Benjamin this, he devised the perfect testosterone driven scientific medical experiment... poking Baby Girl Geib. Over and over. Well, that did the trick. Not only did he wake her up, but he made her pretty mad. So now we know that just like any other human, BGG gets quite aggravated when poked. Since then, she's given me very little peace... especially when I lay down to go to sleep. You know what they say about paybacks...

Moving on... to commemorate the momentous occasion of being 28 weeks pregnant, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. I may look like a pregnant banana thanks to my dress, but I don't care, I feel like a million bucks. :)

Here is the start of our photo session: (Please excuse the dog butt at the bottom right of the picture.)
At the sound of that very first click, someone's attention was captured. Being our "firstborn," whenever he hears a camera, he thinks we're obviously trying to take pictures of his ridiculous good looks.
Imagine his horror in the next picture as the camera is turned away from him! He circles in horror trying to figure out what weird phenomenon is taking place that is taking that camera off of him! He races around to make sure he's not left out of the picture completely.
Desperate times, desperate measures. With his ego bruised, he begs for a kiss and really, who am I to deny him this? Actually, now I think about it, I don't think he cared about the kiss so much as making it into the frame...
So thinking that Bentley will finally be happy now that he has made it into almost all of the pictures, I once again try for a solo profile shot. Bentley notices this attempt and decides that if he shows his profile too, maybe it's okay if he's in the picture.
Obviously our vain dog just isn't going to let me take a picture alone.
So we had to break out the photoshop and cut him out the picture. (As you can see in the next picture.) We figured this was the best approach since he doesn't know he's not in the picture and doesn't regularly check the blog, so our secret should be pretty safe.

So do I look any different? I feel like I've looked the same (belly-wise) in all of my pictures over the last month or so.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so I'll update and let you all know how things go. :)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I loved this entry! So funny!

I think you look different and it's so cute!!!

P.S. I almost didn't read this entry because the title had "banana" in it.

mestreen said...

You're so cute! I love that dress! And Bentley is awesome- my sister's lab did the same thing with her. Just wait until the baby is born. Their 4 generation picture actually has Chase in it too! :) -mestreen

Jennifer said...

Bentley is such a camera hog!! You look gorgeous! You can totally tell the difference! I can't wait to see her!

Our Family said...

That is so funny about Bentley! Harley has learned how to pose for the camera as well and he is always finding a way into any picture we take. You look great!