So last night Benjamin and I had our childbirth class. It was the standard type of class you'd expect... videos of births, details about the last trimester and labor signs and symptoms, etc. It was informative even if I've already researched the process to death. (Anyone who knows me well knows I am the queen of endless research. I do it in my spare time for fun. Seriously.)
I do have to brag about Benjamin. While the other soon-to-be-dads were asking important questions like whether or not they are allowed to bring food in/eat in the delivery/recovery rooms, Benjamin asked sophisticated questions like "In the case of an emergency medical evacuation, would the mother be allowed to accompany baby on the military flight or would she have to fly on a commercial flight?" and "Is it just the random doctor on duty that delivers the baby or can my wife's doctor be called?" I was very proud. :)
Anyway, the 3 1/2 hours of class went by quickly and we got a free book out of the deal! We also got our second tour of the labor and delivery unit which I appreciated. I feel like the more familiar with the unit I am, the less awkward I'll feel laboring there.
Baby Girl Geib really got a kick out of class tonight. She was doing all sorts of acrobatics while I was trying to pay attention. At one point, my stomach was bouncing all around non-stop because of her movements and I was almost embarassed until I remembered I was in a room of people who totally understood.
After class, we rewarded ourselves with dinner at our favorite restaurant here in Guam that serves Jamaican food. It was a great ending to an interesting evening. And probably our last dinner out with just the two of us since deployment is right around the corner. The next time Benjamin's in town, there will be three of us. :) It's exciting and bittersweet at the same time.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those husbands should be ashamed of themselves! And good job, Ben!
-M
Post a Comment