Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just another tuesday...


After a minor diet mistake the other night, I worried that Caroline might not feel well, but she was only mildly affected... thank goodness! The culprit was either rice milk or the organic oats cereal I ate. I'm leaning towards it being the cereal.

The painting that I ordered months ago finally arrived! It's the "Guess how much I love you?" painting for Caroline and it's beautiful. I can't wait to get it framed and matted. It's going to look gorgeous in her room.


Caroline's doctor called today... the one who refused to believe that she was suffering from food allergies since that's "so rare" in babies. The results from her stool sample came in and they didn't find any parasites or anything else making her sick. He acknowledged that food allergies were a possibility. (Thanks?) I told him about how I was concerned about Caroline's weight gain. Yesterday she weighed in at 9lbs 4oz. For a breastfed baby girl, she should be in the 11-11.5lb range at this point. Granted, her weight dipped a bit lower than normal after birth while waiting for my milk to come in. And she's had to deal with being pretty sick from food allergies at times, so I'm sure that's affected her weight as well. I'm going to take her back in on friday to see where her weight stands since she'll be exactly 7 weeks then. Her two month appointment will be a week and half after that, so her doctor will evaluate her weight gain progress then.

Benjamin did an excellent job on his H2P board yesterday and is thrilled to have that behind him. I am so, so proud of him! He earned his H2P qualification on Guam's liberation day. In case you're curious, Guam was liberated by the US from the Japanese in the 1940's. It's quite the big holiday around here, much like July 4th back home. Everyone was off of work and there were parades and all sorts of festivities. Caroline and I opted to stay home and go for a walk. Yeah, we're pretty boring, but we were eagerly awaiting word from Benjamin about his board!

I hope everyone back home is well and Caroline and I will try to make another video for everyone soon!

Caroline, from this afternoon. Right before an epic pooplosion that left both of us marked with pool.

2 comments:

mestreen said...

Don't know if you're checking your email too, but please don't hesitate to let me know if you'd like to be in touch with my sister in law. Her newborn had (still has at age 4) sooooo many allergies.

rebeccalately said...

Hi! I just added you as a friend on LiveJournal (my username is citizenhappy), and saw that you have a blog. We have babies close in age. Our second son, Ethan, was born on June 18.

That painting is so adorable, by the way! Where did you get it?