We've discovered that Caroline is allergic to peanuts. No, I didn't feed our newborn peanuts... but I ate them myself and since I'm breastfeeding Caroline, she got to experience peanuts and it was NOT good. We had lots of fussing, crying, gas and neon-green mucus-filled poops. Yes, way too much information, but welcome to my world. Days after the peanut incident, she is almost back to normal, but not 100% yet. Poor girl! Turns out that Benjamin and both of his siblings were also allergic to peanuts as little ones, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Caroline is too. Luckily, they grew out of their food allergies, so hopefully Caroline will too. I've heard that around the 6 month mark, their digestive systems can cope with allergens a lot better and they are usually less sensitive at that point. Hopefully that's true. In the meantime, I'm going to avoid peanuts like the plague. An unhappy baby makes for an unhappy mommy.
This week actually has been kind of bad for both Caroline and I. Besides the peanut allergy issue, while attempting to cut Caroline's fingernails, I cut her finger. It was a small cut and I think I cried more about it than she did, but boy did I feel awful. I was already afraid to cut her nails and now I'm kind of petrified. But I did make myself be brave and cut a couple of her nails today and did it without cutting any skin... thank goodness! Had I cut her again, I surely would have given up on it forever and made Caroline wear mittens until Ben came home.
Caroline and I went with Kristina to a friend's BBQ yesterday and had a great time. The food was wonderful... I had these grilled, bacon-wrapped shrimp that were divine, pasta, fruit and cupcakes. Yep... cupcakes, plural. They were that good.
Today I gave Caroline a bath (and washed out those neck rolls really well!) We're going to join Kristina in a little while for a nice walk so long as the weather cooperates. It's been very, very rainy lately here in Guam, and the rain is pretty unpredictable. It will be beautiful one minute and a few minutes later, pouring rain.
I hope everyone is well and that you all had a terrific and safe 4th of July!
She was very content just hanging out with everyone and looking around.
Me and Caroline. Don't be fooled by the picture... she isn't sleeping, she's fussing!
Caroline hanging out in her carseat while I got her bath ready. She loves bathtime!
Just so you don't think I've forgotten about him, here is our "firstborn." He always makes sure to supervise what I'm doing with Caroline. I don't know if it's out of concern or jealousy. :)
2 comments:
She's so beautiful!!! I'll be honest -- I'm a LOT jealous!!
Awww I cut MJ's finger when I was trying to do his nails too. It is an awful feeling (my dad did it too, once. I've never seen him so upset!) but honestly it doesn't really hurt them too much. I wound up just biting his nails off when he was a baby - now that he's a "big boy" Matt cuts his nails. I love your dress in those pics, by the way!
Post a Comment