Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Baby

Do you see that ticker?! Someone is dangerously close to her first birthday...(Remember, clicking on a picture makes it bigger! And if you want to save one, make sure you right-click and save on the large version of the picture.)

More teeth to chew with?! Yay!

More cheese from the little ham! This picture makes me laugh... she is such a goofball!

She anticipates the flash of the camera so she starts squinting before I even take the picture.

If I keep smiling, will you give me another cracker?


Mommy is obviously hilarious!


The first birthday of a the aforementioned little miss is coming up so quickly. It's scary how fast time is flying by. Do I say that a lot? I feel like I do, probably because I'm thinking it constantly.


Caroline started dancing the other day! Like, full out baby dancing! I had Britney Spears on (please don't judge... I contemplated lying but who'd believe Caroline started dancing to Bach? B-o-r-i-n-g.) and randomly broke out dancing in front of Caroline, like I often do. Today she stood up and started bouncing and kind of swaying her hips. Then she smiled and clapped for herself as if she knew how awesome her dancing was. Truth be told, she dances very similarly to her father right now... but she's only just now mastered the art of standing, so I think there is much hope for her!


I have almost finished decorating Caroline's playroom. I just love how it's coming out. It's bright and beautiful. Perfect for a playful toddler! I'll take pictures of it this weekend so that you all can see my hard work. I know you'll probably think "Crystal, why would you put THAT much effort into a room she'll only use another 20 months?" The answer is because we're going to spend the majority of our young lives moving around and if we don't embrace the space we have now, no matter how temporary, we'll never feel "at home." I don't want Caroline to look back on our family pictures and think "I know we moved a lot, but jeez, those are a LOT of white walls!" I want her to look back and see that we made the most of every location, of every base or off-base house and that we cared enough to work hard at things that weren't permanent, because happiness mattered that much to us. As a military wife, I live by the motto of 'Bloom where you are planted!' and I feel we're just blooming. Plus all of my friends are out of town and I'm bored. BUT I DIGRESS.


Today we noticed a little tooth coming up from Caroline's bottom gum! We had a feeling that she was teething and sure enough, here is our proof. So pretty soon those two-toothed grins will be three-toothed grins! As quickly as her second tooth followed her first, she'll probably have four teeth. All the better to chew up food to then feed Bentley with! Don't believe that she is in cahoots with the dog? Here is your proof:

No comments: