Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Promotion Day!!!

Posing with Lieutenant Geib!

Today Benjamin's official promotion ceremony took place! I managed to get a couple of pictures for you all but my flash decided not to cooperate, so they are a little bit grainy. Sorry! Anyway, the ceremony was short and simple, just the way Benjamin wanted it. The Commanding Officer (Top Dog) of the squadron pinned on Benjamin's new rank of Lieutenant after dropping it twice in the process. Let's hope that's not a bad omen! The dropping caused some expletives to be said all around (hey, it's a room full of Navy men after all) and the whole thing was pretty funny.



After the promotion ceremony, Caroline and I headed off to do some shopping at the BX. Since I had my camera handy, I took a couple of pictures of her because she's always so full of smiles when you open her door.

Can you see her little teeth? (Clicking on any picture on the blog makes it larger! So if you happen to want a save a picture from the blog, click on it first to bring up the larger version and then save!)

She got a bit impatient with me and started pointing to the BX. She points at something when she wants you to take her to it, so I guess I have a little shopper on my hands!

In other news, Benjamin apparently decided to initiate Caroline into a gang.

Now all she needs is a Harley and she'll be set.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congratulations Lt. Geib!! Tim will be joining you in just a few weeks!

Oh how proud I am to see you've raised Caroline to enjoy shopping! You lucky lady!!C