My mother's day weekend is being spent finishing our spring cleaning and guest bedroom renovation. Oh yes, and the playroom renovation. I am hoping to be completely done by next weekend. Yes, it's really that big of a project. Painting, painting, oh and did I mention painting? Furniture rearranging, painting of certain pieces of furniture. It's an undertaking! Fortunately, Benjamin has been up to the task and with the three day weekend he's been given, we're making lots of progress.Also making lots of progress is little Miss Caroline, who is not only growing teeth but learning how to stand unassisted. Pretty magical! Caroline's doing a great job with standing -- I'm the only one having issues with it! I'm so afraid of her falling backwards and hurting herself but I know I need to just let go, both figuratively and literally. Here's a video of Caroline standing up. You'll see my hand behind her but she was completely standing up unassisted. As you'll also see, anger is a very motivating emotion!
Need household help? Caroline is ready to help you load and unload the dishwasher. Now if only I could get her to learn how to use that vacuum in the background! (For the record, she is standing unassisted in this photo!)

Here are the lovely flowers my parents sent me for my first official mother's day! (And behind the flowers is the lovely Coach bag Benjamin bought me to commemorate my transition from baby bag to big purse!) I'm such a lucky mom!

2 comments:
What a nice bag! And pretty flowers!
Why isn't Ben wearing yellow, too? :)
Happy Mother's Day!!
Aww shes getting so big and so long, before you know it she'll be walking! Happy Mothers Day!!!
-Angie
Post a Comment