Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Bathing Beauty...

The sun was out in full force today, so getting a non-squinty picture of my sun bathing (but sunscreen drenched) beauty was impossible.

No, Caroline hasn't started going out to the clubs yet. The bracelet is something they make the babies wear at the pool. I have no idea why.

Just lounging, getting tired of the paparazzi. Or mom.

I learned an important life lesson today. Swim diapers do nothing more than contain the poo instead of letting if float off. I learned this today when I made the mistake of putting Caroline down for her nap in one. In my defense, she fell asleep in the car on the way home and I didn't want to wake her up to change her, so I put sleeping beauty down in her crib. She never swam today, so her diaper and swimsuit were dry.

Two hours later she woke up, so I excitedly went to grab her and the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. She had basically wet her diaper, swimsuit and blanket. She had also pooped and the pee had carried the lovely scent of that out. The little cherub was beaming at me as usual though. And as I tore the diaper off of her (the stretchy sides tear easy and it's better to tear than try to pull them down and off, and thus lose the contents all over the place) she started giggling up a storm. The whole incident was hilarious. I put her straight in the tub (which she loves by the way) and afterwards, changed her bedding. Lesson learned!

Moving on, huge congratulations to Caroline's Aunt Anna Beth who we hear is now Waco's newest (and best) Kindergarten teacher!!! Congratulations AB! :) Between AB graduating from college/getting an awesome job and Caroline's other aunt (Katy) graduating from high school, we are just so, so, so proud! Great job, gals! :)

Last but not least, and certainly not important, please wish me luck on finding someone reputable to wax my eyebrows tomorrow. The last waxing lady left me with about 5 hairs on each brow. Like seriously, I wondered where my brows were. After waiting for what seems like forever for them to grow back, they are officially out of control. My dear friend, Tessa, and I will be jointly commissioning the efforts of a mystery waxist (I just made that up) in Guam. Tessa claims that she looks like an Italian grandmother with her current brows and while I think she's utterly gorgeous and certainly not THAT overgrown, my brows and I sympathize. And to say mine are in better shape would be total and utter denial and borderline delusion. So wish us luck!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay for Ben's sis!

Caroline is a GREAT swimsuit model and I appreciate the heads up on swim diapers!

Kathy said...

Too funny about the swim diaper! Nicole puts Brandon in the car in his swim diaper. I keep warning her that she should change him into it/out of it while we're at the pool. Hopefully she'll read this!