Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Slacking on the posts, I know.

I'm really trying to keep the blog updated, but I've been super busy lately! Can you tell my mom got on to me about updating?! I thought she was on my side, understanding how busy a toddler's mom is, but nope! It's like she thinks that lunch with the gals and pool therapy is a hobby instead of a job! Oh wait... she's right. Oops, sorry! Once Katy gets here, things should settle down a bit and I can go back to my former awesome posting self. Speaking of Katy... she gets here in 14 hours!!! I am SO excited. I can hardly go to sleep, I am so giddy. :D

Benjamin and I had a nice, quiet Father's Day weekend. Caroline bought him some of the world's best coffee and signed a card for him. Like, signed it for real. And let me tell you, her handwriting is better than about 85% of practicing physicians! Anyway, we spent sunday running errands and then relaxing. We meant to work on projects around the house but we enjoyed relaxing too much! Oops! (Oops seems to be the running theme of this blog entry.)

Caroline had her one year check up today and it was all great news! She's exceeding all of her milestones and as healthy as she can be. And get this -- in the past two months, she has gained three pounds and grown three inches! She's now in the 55th percentile for weight and in the 85th percentile for height! (She was in the 5th percentile before this gigantic growth spurt.) I really thought she had done some major growing recently and I'm glad that I was right. The doctor is no longer concerned about Caroline's growth, as she seems to be doing just fine. She just goes at her own pace.

I hate to cut the blog short, but I really need to finish a couple of things around the house and then try to get some sleep! Operative word: TRY!

No comments: