Things today at my doctor's appointment went well. My weight and blood pressure were perfect. BGG's heartbeat was great at 138 beats per minute. My doctor asked if I was interested in having my cervix checked for dilation or my membranes stripped. I said no and he was perfectly respectful of my wishes. He does want me to come in next wednesday though and at that time, I will let them check for dilation and strip my membranes. That will put me at 39 1/2 weeks and I'll feel more comfortable with the possibility of labor at that point.
My Group B Strep test came back negative, which is great. That means I won't have to have antibiotics administered during labor which is one less thing to worry about.
Things got a bit sad when my doctor and I said goodbye. He is one of the newer doctors at the hospital and said I was one of his first regular patients. I'll miss him -- he was fantastic! He gave me a hug and wished me well. He said he'll be back in time for my post-partum check up and for BGG's 2 week check up, so I'll get to see him then.
Please everyone keep your fingers crossed that BGG stays in at least another week or so at least!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwwww you're about ready to pop! That's so great - you must be getting so excited. By 38 weeks MJ had to come out (my BP and gestational diabetes were getting out of control) so I was induced. I'm a little jealous that you get to experience it (God Willing) the "old fashioned way." ;o) Hang in there!!
--Colleen
Post a Comment